[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Alissa's January Out with the Old, in with the New!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:25 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2011 brings good fortune and a happy, healthy year to you and your family :D

My challenge this month is a "recipe" challenge with a twist! At the beginning of a new year, a lot of us often make goals to clean and organize for the new year, especially after all the Christmas decor is put away, right? Even if you're not a cleaning and organizing kind of gal this time of year, my challenge is still one that will help you use what you have AND make room for new goodies in your space :D

Here's the challenge:

1. Use something OLD. By that I mean it has to be something you've had in your stash since you started scrapping or before (like old photos).
2. Use something you JUST purchased. I mean your very, very newest tool, paper, etc.
3. Use something you have A TON OF, but don't seem to use very much anymore (or ever) to help clear it out.
4. Use something you have a TON OF and use all the time. You have a lot because you love this one thing! Use it so you can make room for MORE!

Make sense?

Here's my layout and then I will describe what I used for the challenge below:

1. Something OLD - these photos of my cousins. They are from 1998!
2. Something brand NEW - patterned paper from my January Back Porch Memories kit. Coming soon to your mailbox (this is in the Medley)!
3. Something I have a ton of that I DON'T use often - rub-ons. Gosh I have a ton. I used the stitching rub-ons I've had forever.
4. Something I have a ton of that I DO use - bling! On the hearts (it might be kind of hard to tell in my scan)

Completed challenge entries should be uploaded to our "January Challenges" folder in the gallery. All challenge entries for the month will be entered into a drawing for a prize! The more challenges you complete this month, the more chances you have to win. And yes, you can enter more than one challenge and enter more than one entry for each challenge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:46 pm 

Great challenge...I'll have to get on this one ;) Love your layout Alissa!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:54 am 

awesome challenge and layout!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 am 
Smiley Queen

TERRIFIC challenge!! It will be to participate in these this month. I have to have something to push me to keep scrapping. :D

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:49 am 
Design Team Member

Oooh, fun. More motivation to use up some of that stash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:18 pm 
Design Team Member

Love this challenge too! Great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:15 pm 

YEAH! I did the challenge. It inspired me to use some different things for me, namely letter stickers and fibers!

http://www.backporchmemories.com/gallery2/showphoto.php?photo=8630&ppuser=886

tyl

MANDY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:26 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Woohoo, Mandy!!! Great work!!! Off to leave you some love on your LO in the gallery :) Thanks for playing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 am 
Design Team Member

This is going to be a FUN challenge. I can't wait to get at it!!

Mandy...what a gorgeous page. I adore those soft sweet colors....they just feel like love.

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:56 am 

Working on mine now... wow I have a lot of OLD!!! It was hard to choose..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:47 am 

What a great challenge! I love using up my stash...making room for more. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:57 am 

This is a great challenge and wonderful example for it too! :D

Deanna ~ Belpre, Ohio ~ scrapping since 2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:25 pm 

Great challenge and page Alissa!
Mandy you did a great job with the challenge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:32 am 

I played along last night!

http://www.backporchmemories.com/galler ... 40&cat=996

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm 

Such a fun challenge!!

Melissa what a fab LO!!

My Blog - http://mypictures2pages.blogspot.com/

Image Image