[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - I went to a crop by myself last night. It was weird!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:30 am 
Design Team Coordinator

So for the first time in YEARS... I went to a crop by myself :cry:

I had my March design team work to get done and trying to do it in our little short-term apartment where no matter where I go DS can see me (and wants to be like a monkey and climb all over) just wasn't working. I saw that the Archiver's here has a crop on Friday and Saturday nights now, so I went to the one last night. It was weird to go to a crop all by myself after having had a ton of scrappy friends to crop with in Memphis :? But I *did* get a lot more done than I usually do, since I spent a lot less time talking. LOL!!! :lol:

There were other people there, but they were all cropping in groups. Everyone was nice, but I was still the girl cropping at a table by herself. Oh well. I love my layouts! Can't wait to show you. THey'll be up in the gallery as soon as the sun peeks out from the clouds and I can get some pics!

Have you ever gone to a crop alone? What did you think?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:37 pm 

I did once. I used to crop monthly with a group in california and we always had such a fun time. Then we moved to Las Vegas. Within the first few months I attended a crop by myself thinking I would find new crop buddies. But I didnt know anyone and all the girls that were there were very nice but was with their own little group of friends and I sat there most of the time quiet, just getting my craft on! It was NOT fun at all but I did accomplish alot while I was there so it was not that bad. But will I do it again..... probably not.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 am 

I have only been to crops with friends. Usually with a group of all of us on our own little group but once to a huge crop with just one other friend. Like you said, everyone is pretty friendly but they have their own friends there so they don't really reach out. But when I am there I am usually working/scrapping away and it doesn't bother me not to talk. It is nice to have someone to bounce an idea off of or so. Glad you got a lot accomplished!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 am 

It's hard to go to a crop alone, but I've done it, and made friends from doing it. I help with hosting the once a month crop at my church, so I always try to sit with and include someone who is on their own. You are brave Alissa, and I hope you find new scrappy friends quickly! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm 

I did the same thing once. I had just moved to a new town, and I knew some of the local scrappers...sort of. But I went on my own. Found my table and got all set up. But then realized how much I enjoy scrapping with others. Like you said Alissa, everyone here were in groups chatting, having a good time.

Mind you, I got a ton of stuff done. Less talk more work. But overall kind of a lonely experience. Since then I have met more scrappy ladies and when the crop is local we all go together.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:07 pm 

I have only been to the crops like at CKC and I was by myself. I don't have any scrappy friends in my area and no one in my family scraps to go to a crop. I am thinking about going to NSD at a LSS about an hour away because it would be fun plus they are teaching some mixed media class during that I would really like to know more about. But at the same time I don't want to feel like the odd ball out. Alissa I hope that you find some scrappy friends in your new area.

~~MICHELLE
http://scrappingprocrastinator.blogspot.com/
[img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:06 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Aww, Michelle, I wish we lived closer! I'd totally go to that mixed media class and crop with you! Sounds fun :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:20 pm 

I think I am the same as you gals ...I did the same thing also ...went to a crop by myself and got a lot done but was a little lonely!!!