[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Inquiring Minds...Day 4

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inquiring Minds...Day 4
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:15 am 

When did you get your drivers license? Do you have any teenage driving experiences you'd like to tell us about?

I finished my drivers training just after I turned 16. I planned to get my license that summer. HOWEVER, I was trying to learn to ride my friends mototcycle (my first time in the drivers seat), took a corner too fast and slid out of control in the gravel. Wound up with a concusion, lacerations on my chin and palms of my hands, and a sprained knee. Needless to say that ended my driving for the rest of that summer. It wasn't til the following Spring when my grandparents came out for a visit that my grandma talked me into using her brand new car for the test...awesome! I was actually a pretty careful driver when I was a teen. DH on the other hand...not so much. But that's another story...LOL!

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am 

I got mine when I was 16...no stories really.

Except that we took drivers training classes during school hours as a class. We had a fenced in parking lot as a driving course that they set up with orange cones. We were partnered up alphabetically, so I had two other girls with me...plus the intructor when we went on the actual road. However, in the driving lot, one of the other girls kept hitting every single cone, then the fence. The other girl hit the brick school building. Needless to say, I did NOT look forward to going on the actual road with them.......instructor or not.

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:02 pm 

LOL!! :lol: That's funny Ruth!!

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 pm 

I got mine on my 16th birthday. The only thing funny was our Driver's Ed was during school too...and it always got me out of P.E. The instructor was also a coach at another High School and one day I also got to miss Science class because I was driving him around on errands to the other school!! LOL!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 pm 
Design Team Member

I turned 16 on a Sunday, and had my drivers test scheduled for first thing Monday morning. :)
No fun teenage driving stories! :)

My Blog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:15 pm 

I was 16. Funny thing was I took drivers Ed in school after I got my license, but even funnier is it is the only class I ever got a D. My kids think it is so funny that I flunked DE. They tell me driving proves that! But the truth is I had an attitude and thought I was too smart for the class because I had my license, so I didn't even show up!

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 am 
Smiley Queen

I got my license the DAY I turned 16 fighting my mother the whole time because she decided last minute maybe I shouldn't have one...what the! :x We could take driver's ed in school, but because my birthday was in July it took forever for me to land a spot in the class. Well, of course, I got in the summer I was 15 turning 16. We had to go every morning from 8-12 and, of course, I got the harder teacher who kept us in the class watching movies the entire time! Taking quizzes and giving us crap if we fell asleep...hey, we were teenagers struggling to keep our eyes open with a boring movie running in the dark!

Well, eventually we got on the road and let's just say my girlfriend in the class scared the bejeezus out of me and the instructor numerous times -- once by turning left at a light while a semi was headed full speed at us because it had the right of way. You talk about screaming!! I bet the instructor wished he had had a gas pedal over there instead of a break! :lol: :lol: Needless to say, her driving took a bit to get used to even after they granted her a license. :roll:

Scrappin' Every Moment

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:48 pm 

I got my driver's license when I was 16. I failed the driving test the first time. LOL! I was so nervous I kept making stupid mistakes. My harrowing driving experience was the time when I was driving home from work. I was 17, almost 18. My gas pedal stuck to the floor. I was so scared. I maintained control of the car but I got to a neighbor's driveway pulled in, slammed the car into park and shut the engine off. I was shaking so badly that I couldn't drive home. They had to call my dad.