[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Basic Grey Page Kits

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Basic Grey Page Kits
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am 
Design Team Coordinator

I bought two of these -the Green at Heart and the Capella kits. I opened them right when I got them to see what was inside.

Pros: The layouts are adorable! You get a full sheet of chipboard accents and a full sheet of rub-ons. It's all stuff available with the line, but combined into one sheet/piece so that there are no leftovers. You also get a few sheets of punchouts. These are as simple as a square of PP you punch out to add, or a 1/2 wide piece of stripe PP so they don't have to cut it out of a full sheet for the kit, or a title, accent, etc. As far as I can tell, the instructions are great. They are in b&w, but the front of the kit has LARGE color photos of the layouts so it's not a big deal.

Cons: Most of the layering and whatnot of the various PPs is printed on the page you use :? I was hoping to change the LOs slightly to fit with the pictures I wanted to use, but this makes it harder. Also, they only give you the exact title they used - so there are no extra letters if you want to change it.

All in all, cute and great for the projects I bought them for, but the lack of versatility may make me hesitate in the future to purchase these unless I can use them as-is :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 am 

Thanks for the review - I find the "title" thing to be good & bad. If my pics fit the title, I love the convenience. But it they don't, I find it to be a problem too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:49 pm 

I've never purchased these. Thanks for the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:47 am 

Thanks for the review!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:47 am 
Smiley Queen

Great review! I've always wondered about these kits.

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 pm 

Hmm...sounds like this wouldn't be a good investment for me...I like to change things up too much! lol