[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Mod Podge!!! (my best friend) Share your tips.

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:02 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Ah, I love to alter :D Mod Podge is my BFF!!! :lol: I've been using this stuff since I was just a wee thing for various projects anyway, but now that I'm an altering addict, I invested in the jumbo size ;)

What are your tips for using it?

I guess my greatest tip is to use thin coats, rather than one heavy one. Also, I love to brush in the same direction for a nice, smooth finish. Finally, I've found that when using it as a glue, covering the enter surface with a nice thin coat will help prevent bubbling.

Can't wait to hear your tips and tricks for using this amazing stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:08 pm 

I have a bottle of this but have been too chicken to try it :lol: :oops:
Will keep checking back for your tips, then when I'm ready I will bite the bullet & do the project I've put off :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:23 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Ah, Jennifer!!! No worries, the Podge is awesome :D What project are you putting off? Maybe we can help get you started!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:47 pm 

I have some and have used it on about 4 different altered projects ... but I am still rather intimidated by it! I know ... I'm just plain silly!!! :oops: I don't have any tips for using it ... except the ones that you offered, Alissa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:33 am 

LOVE Mod Podge!!! You could say that "we stick together"!! :lol: okay, that was a little over the top, but, I love the stuff, I mean what can you not do with it????But, you are right, light coatings, same direction, dry between coatings, it takes time and you have to set it aside and wait, but, oh, so worth the wait!! LOVE IT :lol: Guess its the little girl in me that loves getting to play with stuff like this and paints and inks and so much more, I mean, who knew???? Love being a BIG GIRL and getting to play like a LITTLE GIRL with this stuff any time I want to!! :lol: (you think maybe I had strict parents and didn't get to play with this at home much and very little at school???? LOL) Anyway, just get the stuff out and start playing. You will so love that you did, its awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 am 

Luv them myself too. I've got different variations of them, matt, gloss and shiny! Depending on what stuff I'm altering, I use different ones for various purposed. I luv to use it as a sealant. I find putting them on using a foam brush is far better than a paint brush. You get more even coverage especially as a sealant where you don't want it to appear too sticky when it's dried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:04 am 

Believe it or not, I've never used Modge Podge before. I think I'm going to have to try it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:10 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Oh, yes, you need to try it out, Cassie!!! It's good stuff. I go through vats of it when I alter :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:35 am 
Smiley Queen

You'll love it!! It's a girl's best friend when it comes to altering :D

I don't know if this was said or not, but just remember to adhere the paper with a thin coat on both the back side of the paper and the object. That helps with not have the "bubbling" problem. Also if you're going to put a top coat on for protection, make sure you let the undercoat dry.

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:38 am 

Am I the only person here not to have any :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Those are good tips, Tami!

Sandie, you need to get some of this stuff!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:15 am 
Design Team Member

I love that stuff too! I use it for everything. Everyone's tips have been great. I have to agree with the thin coats. I use a little brush when I use it on the outside of a project, but when I am using it for glue, I use my finger. Using my finger to brush it on helps keep the layer very thin, and helps prevent any bubbling. I also use it for glitter. I use my finger to apply a thin layer of mod podge, and sprinkle the glitter. It sticks great!

My Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:06 pm 

I love ModPodge too - but you all took all of my good tips! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:22 am 

Two lessons to learn from my dumb mistakes! I used Mod-Podge and I had real issues with it! All my fault - First of all I was altering these boxes I keep my embellies in. My first issue was I didn't sand the boxes down so now the paper isn't sticking that well. Second, I didn't let them dry long enough apparently -because I stacked them( and duh) the lids stuck to the box on top of it! LOL But the good news is I can alter those boxes again! Although I am really afraid of the stuff now and haven't touched it since!! LOL :oops: :oops: :oops:

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:23 pm 

I wish this post was around about a year ago. I have used it several times in my many many years of crafting, but it had been a few years since I used it last. A year ago, I did this project for my daughters room
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp? ... id=1303818
In order for them to hang nicely from the curtaIn rod, I decided to adhere them to a piece of chipboard. Unfortunately, they all warped, even with the chipboard. You can't tell in these photos- it happened over the week after they were completed and hung.

I guess I didn't let them dry between layers? Not sure. Maybe someone can tell me.

I still have them up on her wall and I get alot of compliments, but people are just too nice to remind me that they are warped:)