[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 11.5 Elegant Vellum

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11.5 Elegant Vellum
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 am 
Design Team Member

When I started scrapbooking, vellum was the thing. So I bought a big pack of it, and I still have about half left. I used to print on it, but that was always a little scary because of the smear potential. Back in the day I punched snowflakes from vellum, and that was pretty slick. I have yet to run it through the Silhouette, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

Here are a few images I found online recently using vellum -

The first is from the American Crafts blog. Isn't the little ghost Gina Lidero made on this card adorable?

This appeared during Stephanie Bryan's "vellum week" at write.click.scrapbook. Isn't that background pretty? Who knew you could achieve such a soft look using a star punch?

So dig out that old vellum and have some fun!

Post subject: Re: 11.5 Elegant Vellum
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:20 am 

I really need to get my vellum out and play with it. I haven't used it in forever. Love those stars!!

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:39 am 

Great technique. I have never used vellum. I will have to get some and try it out, thinking it would make a great background on Christmas cards. :idea: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 am 

I use vellum quite a bit. I have finally learned to cut it large and tuck it underneath another page element so the adhesive isn't an issue. I both print and write on it and I also love to add it in as a layer, often softening some pattern that I love but that might be a little too bold for the photo...