[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 10.22 Organizing Paper: Patterned Paper Scraps!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Yay! It's time to talk about patterned paper scraps :D

Ok, so I'm going to admit that this is the area where my organization doesn't work all that great for me.

If I work with a kit and use just a little of the patterned paper, I will put it back in the kit bag and save it with the kit. All of the rest of my patterned paper scraps are sorted by color, in those Cropper Hopper hanging file folders that I talked about using for my cardstock scraps. This works fine for the obviously easy to sort colored patterned paper, but not so great for plaids and whatnot.

So, while we were living in temporary corporate housing, I didn't have access to most of my stuff (it was in storage). Any patterned paper scraps I accumulated I just tossed into a basket. And you know what? I found myself using them! Seeing all of those patterns just hanging out in there, I saw fun mixes and matches that I maybe wouldn't have thought to put together. :oops:

What I think I'm going to do is put all of my patterned paper scraps in a basket from here on out. When the basket is too overwhelming, I'll take out the old stuff and donate it to a teacher friend. I think it will work.

What about you? what do you do with your patterned paper scraps?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:57 am 

I keep mine in my kit until it's mostly used up then I put them in a file box and pull them out when I want to make cards. I just cleared them all out and sent them to a friend who loves to get them. She doesn't have the money to buy supplies but loves to create. Knowing she loves my leftovers makes it easier to let go of too.

Visit my blog: Sallys Challenge Chatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 am 

Mine are not sorted either, Alissa. And of course with the manufacture strip missing I don't even know who a lot of the scraps are made by. I do however know what looks good together so the haphazard storage works great for me. :shock:

My DIL is a girl scout leader. She and my granddaughters find lots of use for my scraps, too.

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:20 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Berta, Girl Scouts is a great idea! :D