[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 8.5.13 - creating Pie Charts

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:08 pm 

Hello!!! I'm so sorry I'm extremely late of posting this. It was a hard adjustment coming back from vacation!

I thought I would post a tutorial on how to make pie charts since Scrappinrae has a super fun challenge going on this month using pie charts. This tutorial is from Scrapbook & Cards Today by Nicole Nowosad. http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/scrapbook_cards_today_blo/2012/09/amazing-pie-chart-tutorial-with-nicole-nowosad.html

Amazing pie chart tutorial with Nicole Nowosad!
I love adding lots of colour and pattern to my projects. I am always on the hunt for new ways to do just that. Lately I have seen a lot of pie charts being used and thought I would give it a try! I am lucky enough to have a Silhouette Cameo and have a cut file to help me along, but if you do not – don’t despair! It is really easy to make your own template that you can use over and over and modify for your project too.
Here is what you need:
Supplies: scissors, cardstock, patterned paper scraps, pencil, eraser, adhesive, ruler, circle cutter or bowl
Let’s get started!
On your cardstock, using a circle cutter – or trace around a bowl – to the desired size. My finished circle is about 6”.
Cut out the circle
Using your ruler, draw a line as close to where you think the centre of the circle is from one side of the circle to the other.
Turn your circle 90 degrees and repeat. You will have 4 pie shapes at this point.
Again, with your ruler, divide each of the 4 pie shapes in half, by drawing a line down the centre of each from one side of the circle to the other.
You have your pie shape lines drawn. If you notice, my lines are a little off centre. We will deal with that next.
In the centre, where all your lines meet, draw a little circle. At this point, it is very easy to see which lines are off centre a bit.
Erase whichever lines are off and using your ruler, re-draw that line.
Now you are almost there! Number each of your pie sections. 1-8
Cut each section out. As you are cutting them out, line them back into a circle shape using the numbers as a guide – like a puzzle.
If you want too – draw smaller lines down some of the pie sections to create smaller pieces. I like to label them the A & B (ie. 7a, 7b)
Now, using your newly created template – trace each pie shape onto your scraps of patterned paper! Line them up back into a circle. I usually cut mine in numerical order, so that I can align them easily as I go.
You are ready to add this to your project. You can take each pie section and add it right to your page, or you can mount it onto a scrap of cardstock to keep it all together like I did. Just trim off any excess left over once your shape is adhered to the scrap paper.
If you have a small gap left when you place the papers beside each other – don’t worry, just wiggle the pieces downwards and sideways to redistribute. It is likely that a piece or two is a slight bit higher than the rest.
Once you have it the way you want – YOU ARE DONE! You now have a pie chart shape & a template ready for next time!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:09 am 

That's how I made the template for my first pie chart. I didn't worry about having them the exact same sizes though. Kind of like them off alittle.

Deanna ~ Belpre, Ohio ~ scrapping since 2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 am 

Thats how I did mine years ago :) I have several sizes of pie chart templates in ziplock baggies :)