[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 5.7 Buttons, buttons! Fill those holes.

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Are you a "naked" button hole girl or a "fill the holes" fan? I can do both, but I really do love the look of a button with its holes threaded with something!

Here are my favorite ideas to fill/thread those button holes and a few tips!
* thread with twine, sewing thread, Baker's Twine, embroidery floss, or super thin ribbon. You don't have to knot this material on the back, either. I have found it makes my layouts bulkier than they need to be. Just use a glue dot to keep it down. As a bonus, the glue dot will adhere the button to your project.
* no matching floss or twine? Cut super thin strips of paper that match your project and thread this through the holes. Again, just use a glue dot to keep it in place on the back. The fun part of this idea is the paper can be cardstock or patterned paper!
* threads from or thin pieces of fabric can also be threaded through buttons.
* use a Slick Writer or Sharpie to draw "stitches" on your buttons so they look threaded (this is the ultimate lazy scrapper technique ;) )
* if you don't want to thread the material through your button, you can just tie it in a small bow or knot and just glue dot it to the center of your button. This is another great lazy scrapper technique!

Do you have any more ideas to share cover up those naked button holes? What are your favorite ways to fill those holes?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:32 pm 

I'm a nekkid button hold person.

Use Stickles to make "thread". ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm 

I do usually fill those holes! Rarely have i ever left them bare.
even if it is to glue a mini flower on top of the holes...I don't much like showing the holes :)
Paula has taught me well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm 

I "sew" them. Any type of string/thread I have handy! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:54 am 

you can pop an enamel dot on top for a layered sort of look. I also like them with a little something and use twine of some sort. A little bit of bling in the center could be cute as well :)

Twitter: TaniesaV

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:17 am 

I do both... depending on what i am doing and what mood I am in. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Great ideas, ladies! I forgot that I sometimes cover them with bling, too. That's easy as well!