[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 2.12 - Crazy machine stitching

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:13 pm 
Design Team Member

Happy Tuesday!

I'm getting a late start on this...and scraps will wait until next week. My internet was out this morning...ugh! But thankfully I once again have access to Photobucket so I can show you a few fun things I've done with machine stitching.

I used to ink my edges or border my layouts with pen lines until I discovered my sewing machine. Usually machine stitching plays a supporting role to my photos, paper and oh-so-cute embellishments...and it's a great way to keep trim from falling off. But every so often I let the thread "come off the bench" and get into the action. Multiple rows of stitching can add a lot of texture where you'd like a subtle effect.

Concentric circles can provide a cohesive background to a sprinking of gems or brads:

Wavy rows can create a nice border on a "watery" layout:

Yup, that's me when I was in veterinary school almost 22 years ago. I don't wear those tights anymore :roll:

Wavy lines can unite a row of punched circles and help provide balance as a border to a block:

Of course, for those of us who are more graphically inclined, a grid of machine stitching can give texture to blocks of cardstock:

I used to think it was a pain to drag out the sewing machine for a layout, but now I never put it away. Feel free to share your stitched masterpieces on this thread - I'd love to see how you sew!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 am 

LOVE your stitching!!!! All of your layouts are just incredible!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 pm 
Design Team Member

I LOVE these! You are inspiring me to get that sewing machine out again. ;)

My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 pm 

Wonderful examples of all the crazy stitching! I was just doing some stitching today too. :D

Deanna ~ Belpre, Ohio ~ scrapping since 2000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm 

When I do machine stitching...it is ALWAYS crazy whether I want it to be or not! LOL> Love your layouts!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:02 am 

I like to see machine stitching on LO--especially when it is crazy. I can't seem to get that wandering stitch look when I try. It looks like I tried too hard to make the stitching crazy. :roll:
I think it comes from sewing clothing and quilts. Those items need to have straight stitching in the seams!! :wink: