[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 11.7-Tip: 5 Reasons to Send Christmas Cards

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 am 
Design Team Member

Surprisingly enough, it is that time of the year again. Time to get those Christmas cards ready, either buy making them by hand or digital, or by buying them. To boost your "excitement", I have five reasons why you should send them.

1. It gives you a chance to reflect on your year: I always love this part. Even when I feel like my year has not turned out well, remembering the good things makes my year brighter.

2. It’s easier now than ever: There are tons of businesses like Shutterfly and Snapfish that let you create Christmas cards online for a reasonable price. If you weren’t able to get everyone together for a family portrait, there are also plenty of options for cards that bring together individual photos to form a collage of family pictures. It usually takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, and then you’ll have custom cards and envelopes delivered to your door.

3. It lets others know what’s going on with you: Printing out a brief summary of your family’s year is a great way to give others a snapshot of the most important things going on in your lives right now. Sure, they may have seen the individual mentions on Facebook, but it’s nice to have it consolidated in one place.

4. It keeps your address book up to date: I often hear people say that they don’t do Christmas cards because they don’t want to hassle with getting everyone’s current addresses, but I think that this is a big point in favor of the practice. This is the only time in the year that I update my book.

5. It gives your friends and family something to display: I love it when I go to other people’s houses during the holidays and I see pictures of their friends and family all over their mantles. In my own home, my kids love getting the cards in the mail and putting them up in the kitchen. We have a cupboard that gets plastered with them.

I hope these reasons have boosted your drive to get started on those cards. I wish everyone, GOOD LUCK!!!

Happy Scrapping!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Love this list, Danielle!!! :D

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:17 pm 
Design Team Member

I used to dread doing the annual Christmas letter. Then I took a class from Lain Ehman at Big Picture and started thinking out of the box. My first "non-conventional" Christmas letter was "The Top Ten Reasons the Eastmans Had a Good Year." This technique will make you edit, but leave you with a concise update your family and friends can enjoy....quickly! The format I tried that got the most positive feedback was when the annual letter was written by our pets. Each of the four dogs and two cats had a short paragraph. It was cute, and it wasn't a long stretch creatively when I'd infuse our pet's personalities into what aspect of our family each one addressed.

I use Shutterfly every year, and I watch for their sales at the end of November. It's slick!