[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 4.19 Tip - Fussy Cutting

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4.19 Tip - Fussy Cutting
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:11 pm 
Design Team Member

I love fussy cutting! Ok, I don't particularly love doing it at the time, but I love the look of it, so I find it worth the time and effort. One of the first things I do when I get a new kit or paper pack is go through each sheet and look for things I can fussy cut from the patterns. Here are a few of my tips for fussy cutting.

Make sure you have the right tools for the job. Very sharp, micro tip scissors work great for cutting around the outer edges of patterns. Use a sharp craft knife to remove any spaces inside the image.

Start the cut near the back of the scissors. Apply constant pressure, and never cut all the way to the tip of the scissors.

Move the paper or image you are cutting as opposed to the scissors as you cut. This will give you a much cleaner looking cut.

To get a cleaner, more defined edge, cut just slightly outside of the border, leaving about 1/16" space around the cut image.

Ink the edges of your cut image to help hide any imperfections.

Use pop dots under fussy cut images to add depth and dimension to your page.

Here are some sample pages that I have created in the past with some fussy cutting.

My Scrap Blog

Last edited by skinnimini on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:31 pm 
Design Team Member

Love it all. Great tip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm 

I do that too...look for the stuff I can cut out of patterned paper. The LO I used for the May GDT challenge I cut out a border from one piece of patterned paper!

These were all great LO's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:22 am 

I love fussy cutting too...time consuming but always worth the trouble...your layouts are fantastic!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Oooh, I love all your LOs! :D

Great tips. I also haveto add that Deb is the fastest fussy cutter I've ever met! At CKC she would have something cut in half the time I would :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am 
Design Team Member

Your LO's are Gorgeous Deb! I love fussy cutting.

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:31 pm 

Fabulous Deb!!! I actually am faster with just the craft knife! Years of practice cutting out lettering before I had a Cricut!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:06 pm 
Smiley Queen

Love to do "fussy cutting"! I am better using my Cutterbee scissors rather than the craft knife.

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:25 am 

Your LOs are just gorgeous! Love all of the fussy cuts!