[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - 4.5 Technique - Making a pleated ribbon

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:08 pm 
Design Team Member

Here is a fun and easy way to make your own pleated ribbon! For a 12" long pleated ribbon, you will need about one yard of ribbon. (You will have some excess, but I like to leave room for error.) You will also need a 12" long piece of cardstock that is smaller in width than your ribbon, some adhesive, and a sewing machine.

First, put a strip of adhesive down the length of the cardstock. I used ATG tape. Keep in mind that you will have to clean any adhesive off of your sewing machine needle if it starts to gum up on it.

Starting at one end of the cardstock, start adhering the ribbon, pinching pleats as you go. Don't worry about them being perfect. You can straighten them later. Just try to keep them uniform in size.

Once you have created pleats all along the length of the cardstock, trim off the excess, and insert the end of the ribbon in your sewing machine.

Straight stitch down the center of the ribbon, adjusting and straightening pleats as you go.

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:29 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Awesome!!! :D You know I love this one! It's so fabulous. I need to do this with my ribbon on a LO soon since I've decided just to leave out my sewing machine so it's ready for these sorts of projects!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

GORGEOUS layout!! Thanks for the tutorial!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 pm 
Design Team Member

I love this. I have tried to get the same effect with glue dots but it did not work. This is a much better idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 am 

I WILL try this...love it and your layout is stunning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 am 

Wonderful technique and love the look on your beautiful layout! :D

Deanna ~ Belpre, Ohio ~ scrapping since 2000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 am 

Wow, awesome idea and I love that LO!!

My Blog:
What a Bunch of Scrap!
http://whatabunchofscrap.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm 

HOLY SMOKES Deb...this layout is absolutely stunning girl and I love this idea for pleating the ribbon ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 am 

Simply gorgeous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 am 
Design Team Member

Well that is just a gorgeous tip! You make it look so simple! I can not wait to give that a try! Thanks so much.

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:06 pm 

Thank you for the tip!