[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Did you learn anything...

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:53 pm 

about your scrapping "style" during this crop???

I learned that I REALLY like outlining things with pen...alphas, entire pages, borders...really makes 'em stand out!

I also learned that I'll use that stuff I've been hoarding when I have to make quick decisions! Something about that 6pm time deadline!

I also learned that I'll use those pics that have been printed FOREVER when I run out of printer ink and won't allow myself to go buy more! :lol:

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:48 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

I learned that I love my Fiskars threading water punch. But I guess I already knew that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:05 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Oh, what a fun thread! I love reading what you've learned :D

I learned... and I already knew this, too... that I never get anything done when I'm in charge of the crop :lol: I got one page finished this weekend and that's it! Although I did start a few others, just couldn't get them to come together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm 

I learned--or rather--had reinforced----that I am a SLOOOOOOOW scrapper! I also learned that I really enjoy using the new products that I usually hoard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:27 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

And Kim, I'm slooooow, too. that's a big chunk of my problem :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:52 pm 

I learned it's good to come into a challenge with some sort of plan. I am doing a monthly challenge on a blog that I like to read that requires me to put together a kit from my stash....it's GREAT to have something like this in your hands for a crop because most of what you need is already in a baggie waiting. So between my BPM kits which are all in their bags, waiting for me to play with and this stash kit....I had what I was scrapping with ready and waiting for me to put together some challenges.

I am also a fairly quick scrapper, BUT I am a picky scrapper and have to like the page or I won't use it. LOL!!

It's also a good idea to clean up small scrappy spaces in between challenges. :shock: My space got worse after I took the photo for the drive-by challenge. NOT COOL.

I also love to outline stuff and I love borders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 am 

I learned that I can be a fast scrapper when I need to be. Usually it takes me hours just to pick out the papers! :lol:

Laura~ New Jersey~ scrapping since 2003

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:13 am 

I learned there is not enough time in a weekend to do all you want, even if you do ignore all the other responsibilities, which you can't really do! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 am 

I learned I need to send my DH and kiddos to a hotel without me so I can scrap in peace!!! :lol:

I also learned I need to tell time..... :roll: :roll: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am 

I knew I had a simple style before, but I did learn how to create an accordion flower from Alissa's scrappers w/o borders tutorial.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 am 

ZELDAdog wrote:

I also learned that I'll use that stuff I've been hoarding when I have to make quick decisions! Something about that 6pm time deadline!

:lol: I learned this about myself too! Didn't realize it until you said something!

I also learned that if I pull out a lot of my papers and look at the colors, I can pull together a layout that looks completely different than if I used the papers from one line. Found this out while doing Alissa's "Hip to be Square" challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:37 am 

LOL about the SSSLLLOOOOWWW>. I am too! I got a couple layouts done that I am really happy with, but they took a LONG time to do. By the last few hours, I wanted to get ONE more done, so I threw it together and i completed my FOURTH layout! LOLOL...only FOUR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm 

another slow scrapper here, but I already knew that. I did learn that I can do a layout fast when the clock was ticking away.

AND I was reminded how much I love crops!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:40 pm 

Favorite Grandma wrote:
AND I was reminded how much I love crops!!!

ME TOO!!! Especially here at BPM...these girls know how to do it up right!!!!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 am 

I learned that I can't stay up as late as I used to!! I am sick and paying the price so have not gotten much done during the week now!!