[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Crop Rules & Details: Read Me Before You Begin

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:55 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Well, it's time for our crop! :D YAY!!! We sincerely hope you'll have a great time this weekend (and into next week). We have worked REALLY hard to make this crop one for the record books!

Here are some general rules and information to get you settled and ready to crop! If you have any questions, please post them to this thread or PM me directly. If you have questions regarding a specific challenge, class or game, you'll want to post those on that game, class or challenge's thread so that the DT member in charge of it can help you. Got it? Good!

Crop Dates & Times
Crop officially begins Friday, May 13 at noon EST (Eastern time - New York City Time)
SOME of our challenges will be due at the end of the weekend, Sunday, May 15 at 6 p.m. EST
The rest of our challenges and classes will be due the following Saturday, May 21 at midnight EST

Due Dates
Each challenge & class will have specific information regarding due dates. As I mentioned, some are due by the end of this weekend & others are due the following Sunday, May 21st. You must load them to their proper folders in the gallery by these times. We cannot add your work after the due dates/times, so be sure to get them up ON TIME so you don't miss out on prizes! Here's what's due when, our master list of classes/challenges.

Due Sunday, May 15 at 6 p.m. EST
A New Hue for You
Anything But...
Bingo Board
Copy Cat
From Scrap Stash to Accessory Box
It's Hip to be Square
Let's Get Fussy
Scrappers without Borders?!
Sketch Hour
Something Old, Something New
Summer's Coming Color Combo

Due Saturday, May 21 at Midnight EST
Cooking up Creations
Destress with Distress
Just Scraps
Learning Your ABCs
Leftovers Again?
Let Me Inspire You
Material Girl: Class
Mist, Spritz, Splat: Class
Scrap Yourself
Signed, Sealed & Delivered: Class
Spring is in the Air

General Class & Challenge Information
Each class/challenge will have some specific "how-to" information posted. Generally, to be eligible for that challenge/class, you need to create a NEWLY CREATED (for this crop) project using that class/challenge as your starting point. Upload it to the gallery in the proper folder for that class/challenge.

You are allowed to complete up to THREE projects for EACH challenge/class (excluding the drive-by challenges). So that means you could do Danielle's "Learning Your ABCs" challenge three times and get entered into her prize drawing 3 times (better odds), plus that means you're entered into our grand prize drawing three times! Obviously the more challenges you do and the more times you do them, the better odds you have of winning something :lol: You cannot double up or combine challenges. Meaning, as an example, you cannot upload the same project you completed from Deb's "Material Girl" class into Karry's "Bingo Board" challenge, even though it may fit both challenges. Pick only one to upload it to.

Layouts, Cards, Mini Books, Altered Projects... What "Counts?"
***added Saturday, May 14th @ 12:37 EST***
We have been getting some questions regarding what is allowed to be made for each challenge. Most of our challenges do assume or state "make a layout." However, we have been asked if altered projects, mini books and cards are ok.

My answer? YES. Mini books, altered projects and cards are fine. HOWEVER... That being said, please don't abuse this, ok? I'm especially referring to cards as they (usually) take a little less time than an altered project or mini albums would. So if you hurriedly throw together three cards for every challenge just so you have more entries in the prize drawings, I would say that's abusing the rules and we will deal with that on a case-by-case basis.

Games
We have a bunch of games that will be going on this main crop weekend only (May 13-15)! Each will have its own PRIZE!!! Be sure to check out each individual game for it's start and end time. Participating in games does NOT qualify you for our grand prize.

Challenge & Class Prizes and Award Ceremony Times
EACH challenge and class will have its own PRIZE to be given out :D Paula is very generous here at BPM and her prizes ROCK!!! Challenges that end on Sunday, May 15 will have prize announcements late Monday, May 16th. Challenges/class ending on the 21st will have prize announcements late Monday, May 23. Prizes will not be listed for each challenge, but I can tell you some of the stuff we've given away in the past has included Gift Certificates to Back Porch Memories, mini books, embellishments and other scrapping goodies like that! You can win more than one! :D

We will also be having "drive by" prizes throughout the main crop weekend (May 13-15) where I'll post some easy challenges (like praise challenges, signature challenges, etc.) and whomever participates will be entered into a drawing to win a little something scrappy!!! Participating in these challenges does NOT qualify you for our grand prize.

How to Win the Grand Prize & Awarding Ceremony Info.
You've all been waiting for this one, right?! Our grand prize is a 6 month subscription to Back Porch Memories Kit club!!! :shock: To be eligible for the grand prize, you just need to complete at least one challenge/class and upload a photo or scan of your project into that particular class/challenge's folder in the gallery. Obviously the more challenges and classes you complete, the greater your odds for winning the grand prize. The grand prize drawing will be held and announced late Monday, May 23.

How We Draw for Prizes
For challenge/class winners and our grand prize drawing, we go directly into the gallery and use a random number generator to pick a winner. Winners are not chosen on any other criteria. It is truly random. Games will have clear winners as to whomever wins the game. Drive-by challenge winners will be chosen by random drawing from all participants either by random number generator (if challenge is required to have you post to the gallery) or by a physical drawing of participants by putting all names into basket and the first one pulled out is the winner (if challenge does not require a post to the gallery).

International Participants
You ARE eligible for all of our prizes, including our grand prize! Due to the expense of international shipping, any international winner of the grand prize will be asked to chip in $10 towards international shipping (we will cover the rest!) each month. If you were to add-on any additional purchases to your monthly kit, you will also be asked to cover the additional weight. We have tried to make this policy fair and reasonable for everyone.

Uploading to the Gallery & Troubleshooting
If you have trouble uploading your layout to the gallery or don't get it in the correct folder when you go to do so, please DO NOT upload it again. PM me a link to the layout and let me know where it needs to be moved and I will move it for you! Be extra sure your layouts are in the correct challenge/class folders because we use those to draw for prizes. If you don't have them in the right folder, you won't be entered. If you need instructions on how to upload, or help with troubleshooting, please read the FAQs thread below.

FAQs Regarding Our Message Board and Gallery
Read this thread for more information on how to upload projects to our gallery, troubleshoot, how to add a blinkie to your signature, etc.
http://www.backporchmemories.com/mboard ... 730#102730

Any questions? Post them here!

Last edited by alissa103 on Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 am 

Hubba Hubba-SIX MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:45 am 

Do we need to sign in or link or projects somewhere? Or just put them in the gallery? Do we put images in the individual threads of our projects?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:48 am 

I have a question...... Are we allowed to do cards or home decor where the challenge calls for a layout? The reason I'm asking is, I have a teacher appreciation gift that I need to give next week and I was thinking that one of the challenges would be great for decorating a craft gift bag to put her goodies into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:30 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Celeste wrote:
Do we need to sign in or link or projects somewhere? Or just put them in the gallery? Do we put images in the individual threads of our projects?

You just have to put the images in the gallery. You don't need to sign in or link to your layouts in any other way, although if you want to, you can link back to your project in the gallery back to the original challenge thread :D

Great question!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:35 am 
Design Team Coordinator

carolinagirl wrote:
I have a question...... Are we allowed to do cards or home decor where the challenge calls for a layout? The reason I'm asking is, I have a teacher appreciation gift that I need to give next week and I was thinking that one of the challenges would be great for decorating a craft gift bag to put her goodies into.

Great question! If you can use the challenge in another format other than a layout, go for it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 am 

wow, great prize!
So we only have to upload to the gallery to be entered? No master list somewhere showingn our links? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:32 am 
Design Team Coordinator

sherri scraps wrote:
wow, great prize!
So we only have to upload to the gallery to be entered? No master list somewhere showingn our links? :?

Exactly! Yes, you only have to enter your layouts/projects in the gallery (we're trying to make it easy on you :lol: ). There isn't a master thread or list to post to this year. I know a lot of online crops *do* do that, but with the way our gallery is set up, honestly, there's no reason for it and it's just annoying for you guys to deal with and for us to keep track of! I can assure you if your layout is in the gallery in the proper folder, that's all you need to do. We are drawing DIRECTLY from the files in the gallery for prizes. So if your stuff isn't in there, you are not entered for anything.

Hope that helps! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:57 am 

great. very easy!!