[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Monday Jan 6

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monday Jan 6
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:04 am 

so what's up in your neck of the world?
are you in the sunny south or chilly north?

http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: Monday Jan 6
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:06 am 

well i just left the chilly north to arrive late last night to the sunny south.. what a drastic change in 12 hours.. i think the airport had head on in Florida.. and i was way too hot.. OMG
The snow started at home and hasn't stopped and buses not running.. OMG out just in time.
And the cold front to Florida will be just perfect for us Canadians .... LOL

http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 pm 

I'm in the frozen south...2 degrees this morning and our gas was out so no heat and no fireplace :shock:
Hiller fixed us up but the gas company has yet to show up :x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:39 am 

I am in the damp and cold Northwest! 42 with light rain right now! By Monday we should get to a whopping 50 degrees!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm 

Oh Brenda, I feel for you. We lived in Eugene for a few years while dh attended UofO. So happy to be here, even if it is cold because it is also SUNNY!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:44 pm 

Snow... Snow.... Snow here for us in NW Ohio! We have over a foot on the ground! I was out today trudging around in it-- taking some pictures. It is finally warm enough to be tolerable--low 20s. We were suppose to go back to school on Monday, the 6th, but haven't yet. The rural roads are still snow/ice covered. It is very slow going.
Tomorrow looks doubtful now because of the sleet and freezing rain forecast for the morning..... :shock: Almost a 3 week Christmas break! One school day to make up so far! Hopefully we will go back tomorrow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 am 

Wow Jaynne!!! That is a long break! We were only delayed a day getting back to school here in the Nashville area. A FOOT of snow, gotta say I'd love that for sledding down the big hill we live on!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:27 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Kristie, if we ever get that much snow, we are coming over to your house to sled :lol:

Yeah, it has been cold here! We were worried about our pipes freezing because our house has a pretty big crawl space and sits "up" on it. SO there is a lot of open air down there that is not heated. So we had our sinks running for a few days. Man it was annoying. But we are going to have our handyman do some more insulating down there on them so that we don't have to do that in the future. We were just worried about it since this is our first winter in this house and weren't sure how great it was insulated being that we're in the south.

I will say I think we need to think about getting some new windows, though! They are definitely original to the house and we could feel the cold through them. I'm scared to see this month's heating bill :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:04 am 

Don't worry Alissa, it's only been that cold one other time since I have lived here (17 years). AND we were visiting SoCal when it hit :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are welcome to come over for sledding any time we have enough snow, it is soooo much fun. This layout is from a great ice/snow we had a couple years ago. First a layer of ice on the road, then a bit of snow on top...the sleds FLEW!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:40 pm 

Great LO Kristie! Love the snow pictures. We didn't go sledding this year, but we have a neighbor that has a great hill that the neighborhood kids use.
We did make it back to school last Friday. That means only one day to make up. We have a few days in the school calendar that we can use for make up days so extra days don't have to be tacked on at the end of the year. Hopefully we won't miss anymore. It is the middle of winter though! :lol: Yikes!