[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Meetup.com?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Meetup.com?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:31 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Have you ever met people through this website? It's pretty cool, especially if you're in a city where you don't know many people or have a hobby that you're looking to join up with others who do it, too.

I joined a local mom's group through it and have already been to a couple of things. It's nice bc a lot of the women are also new to the area, so it's fun to get to know the area together. DS is liking the play groups for sure :lol:

I also joined a scrapbooking group, but haven't been able to go to any of their events yet.

Post subject: Re: Meetup.com?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 pm 

I have never heard of it. It sounds like a neat idea. I hope that you meet some great people!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:03 pm 

This is where I "came out the closet" LOL! Meaning... I always hid the fact that I was a scrapbooker. Why? Because I knew most of my friends and family wouldn't get it. :oops: But when I was on maternity leave and I felt a bit lonely (hehe) and decided to search online for other scrapbooker or scrapbook inspiration. That is when I joined a meetup group (and sb.com). A girl advertised a home class/party to promote MemoryWorks (she was selling it). So I decided to host a party. Although only 2 of my friends came (LOL) the gal from Memory works become one of my closest SBFF to this day! :) And from there I have met so many people in the industry, attended the last 6 or so winter CHA conventions and no longer.. in the closet! LOL :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am 
Design Team Coordinator

That's funny, Rochelle! None of my friends scrap either. I have met other friends though scrapping though!