[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Woohoo! We close on our house this week :)

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:32 am 
Design Team Coordinator

FINALLY!!! We close on our house on Friday. YAY!!! We have been blessed to have had this furnished apartment through DH's work, but we are sooooooo ready to be back in our own house!

We have a little over a week to get the carpet replaced upstairs and get some painting done before the movers come. Wish us luck. It's going to be a long week ;) I've already figured out what carpet I want and have them coming to measure a few hours after we close. The painters are coming over for an estimate after that. Whew. We aren't having them paint everything, just a couple of rooms that we don't want to mess with (like the entry way with high ceilings) so that it'll be done. The rest of the house we are going to paint slowly over the rest of the year. Pretty much all the rooms need to be painted, so it'll be an ongoing project!

YAY! I can't wait to have my scrappy stuff back, too :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm 

I am so excited for you!!! :) Congrats!!!

We ended up buying a New home in a new community. We are in the first phase and our home should be ready at the end of August. It was very tough trying to find a "resale" home out here in Vegas. Everything on the market were "flips" and way overpriced, or short sales/REO's that would be outbid by cash investors. 6 months, and many, many offers later, a new development opened and we felt like we needed to take it. :) No competing with investors or rejected offers! I was able to pick the model and even which LOT I wanted!! I got to pick everything I wanted in the house too!! From Granite countertops to do I want a sink in my laundry room!!! It was very overwhelming at first, like when I was ask about a shower caddy!!! LOL Do I want a shower caddy? if so, how many?, where? how height? LOL) But after everything was picked out and done, I am super excited and can't wait to see what it will all look like when its done! :) Every day I drive by and see it being built. From when it was just dirt, to the other day... the first part of the frame went up!!! And of course, I take lots of photos!!! What a great way to start Project Life, right? :)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:13 am 
Design Team Coordinator

That's fantastic, Rochelle! I've always thought building a house would be fun, but yeah, I'd be overwhelmed with the choices, too :shock: So glad you found something! And I'm really glad the real estate market seems to be picking up for our country. It was nutty here! Our house was #4 offer-wise (but our favorite, so that's good). We were outbid 3 times. And we put together GREAT offers that would've been accepted in a normal market hands down. It was crazy!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:00 pm 

That is GREAT news Alissa!

Rochelle--how exciting for you! You have the fun part. We built our home 14 years ago and we were the general contractor. The only things that we didn't do by ourselves was the framing, roofing, windows, cooling/heating system and drywall. It took us about a year and a half! We had several people tell us if your marriage survives building a house you can survive anything. Lol Well, we did and we have! I liked picking out carpet, counters and lighting, etc. Someone else will build the next house for us! :lol:
I ready to redecorate now! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:23 pm 

@Alissa - yes! So glad the market is picking up! :)
@Jaynne - Yes, it is really fun and exciting picking everything out, but I am not really good with it (LOL) and I am always second guessing myself!! Too many choices!!! :)