[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Whew! We're moving. What a crazy 2 months it has been.

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Well, I think I can finally put this out there because it's official and all that jazz :D

We are moving! Sold our house and the new owners are closing on February 28th. The packers are coming early next week and then we're on our way to the Nashville area!!!

Man, what a crazy ride this has been. DH got a promotion and we put our house up for sale at the beginning of January. It sold in three days :shock: We were totally not expecting that and it definitely put us in a pickle. Thank goodness this is a corporate relocation because we are being set up with a furnished apartment in our new city while our stuff goes into storage. Hopefully we find a house pretty quickly! We've been looking, but the inventory is super low in the area we're looking into right now. Everything we've seen is just not right. We're crossing our fingers some good options come up in the next month or so!

So that's what I've been up to. I haven't been around as much as I would like! We've been doing a lot of back and fourth driving from here to there looking at houses and DH has pretty much been gone working his new job all this time. I have so much respect for single parents after this past two months :shock: Man, it is HARD. I'm used to DH traveling, but not like this.

I'm so, so, SO GLAD to be out of here and into our little apartment next week. I just want us to be all together again! Whew!

Have you done a lot of moving with your family? I know both of the Danielles on our team have moved for their DH's jobs. Especially Danielle C.! Anyone else?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 pm 

HA! Moving??? Whew. 2001 to Germany into temp housing into a permanent house and then in 2002 to another permanent house. 2005 we moved back to the US. In 2006 we moved across post into another house. In 2008 we moved to Germany again. In 2010 we moved stateside. In 2011 we moved on base. And we move again this summer to another stateside assignment (VA).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 am 

Wow, you have had a lot on your plate, Alissa! Glad your house sold so quickly - hope you're able to find something you like in the Nashville area. At least you'll have an Archivers close again! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 am 
Design Team Member

Well now you are only a couple of hours away!! But moving stinks!! I always tell my kids sorry before the packing begins! It always makes me grumpy. I'm not fun to be around. It was easier to move when the kids were little though. Now it just gets harder and harder.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 am 

I'm glad your house sold so quickly too. Surprising in this terrible market! I know you'll be glad the single parenting is over too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm 

WOW! You have been super busy!!! Hope it all slows down for you soon!
My hubby and I bought our house in 1995 and have never moved. Sometimes I wish we would though!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:16 pm 

We had to relocate from California to Las Vegas a little over 2 years ago. it was hard at first because my Hubby had to go a few months before us because of his job. But once we all together it was, and is, wonderful!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 am 

Moving would be so exciting...we've been in the same house for 16 years. I think it's time for some renovations!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Thanks, ladies! We're having a surprisingly hard time finding a house :? Our realtor said inventory is very low and what is out there still for sale is for a reason (backs up to a road that's about to be expanded, in terrible condition, flooded when Nashville had those floods a few years ago, etc.) The good ones are selling in a day :shock: Luckily we're here now in a short-term apartment thing so we can look ASAP when things come up.

Would definitely appreciate prayers and happy thoughts for a quick find of a home!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 am 

I will be praying for you. I pray the right house will come along quickly. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Thanks, Jaynne! You're so sweet :D I appreciate it!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 pm 

After 20 years of moving at the Air Force's whim, we are settled and not going anywhere!! I pray you find the right house soon!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Thanks Diane! I bet you're sooooo happy to be in one place! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:44 pm 

I'm glad you are with your husband now. I hope the right house comes along fast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Thanks, Tara! We're still looking... :?