[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - It's been a rough two weeks at our house :/

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:59 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

DH's job is going through yet another reorganization. Ugh. I don't feel comfortable posting much else than that, but can I just say I'm sick and tired of these things?!? :evil: Stressful.

I've been having insomnia which is HORRIBLE with a 6 mo. old. I finally, finally, FINALLY get to sleep and then DS wakes up needing me. It doesn't help DH travels for work and it's just me here a lot of times during the week at night. I know my insomnia is related to worries about DH's job... but I can't turn it off.

Then we had two deaths in the family this week - DH's aunt passed on Tuesday, who had been ill, but it still doesn't make it easy :( Then DH's grandpa, the one with Alzheimer's, passed away yesterday morning :( He was moved to hospice on Friday and then passed the next day. That one is hitting DH really hard :(

We decided not to bring DS up for the funerals. It's just too hard to travel with him and super expensive for the 3 of us to fly. Plus, we would only be in town for about 24 hours. But that also means it's just going to be me home with DS all this week, until DH gets back from work traveling and his grandpa's funeral. Not looking forward to that (being a single mom this week, that is)

So that's what's been up with me. Dang, I hate feeling like a Debbie Downer! I'm normally pretty upbeat, but this stuff getting thrown out at us all at once STINKS LIKE ROTTEN CHICKEN ;) :x

Just wanted to check in and let you all know where I've been. Hope you're all having GOOD times!!! If not, feel free to vent away. This post was kind of cathartic!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:40 pm 

Hope the job situation works out for your hubby...I know that feeling all too well. Unfortunately, we're still riding that rollercoaster...while things seem okay right now (even though they just had to have a week off), they got an order for some Australlian trucks that have to be built by the end of the year and they may even get some overtime out of it. The only thing keeping me sane about the possibility of him getting laid off AGAIN is that we are in a better place financially than we were the last time. Plus, we already have plans to pay off my van, most of the orthodontic bill, and pay up an entire year on our power bill when our tax refund comes.

Sorry to hear about the deaths too...so hard to lose one person at a time, but 2 in a week is TOUGH!!! Saying a prayer for your family!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:56 am 

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time, Alissa! I know what you mean about the job reorgination. My company did that last year; seemed like every other week there was another plant closing or departmental reorganization. We started dreading Thursdays because that was always the day of the announcement!

Hang in there! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:03 am 

wow - sounds like a super stressful week - sorry for your loss. Being home alone with a baby isn't fun - been there - done that. Dan used to be gone for 2 weeks at a time . When he came back I pretty much wanted to hand over Nathan and say "here's your son - he's all yours"
Reorganizations are also very stressful; drawnout with lots of speculation - hope it all gets resolved soon.

Heather - Anchorage, Alaska - scrapping since approx 2002

My Blog - http://scrappininak.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Thank you, ladies!!! I appreciate it.

Yeah, we have gone through some sort of reorg almost every year we've lived here :? Seriously I could scream.

Jenny, I hope it all works out for you as well. The overtime part could be a nice bonus! I hope that happens for you guys. Prayers for you, too :)

AND now there's something wrong with my car :roll: We're just waiting to see what happens job-wise. Do we spend the $$ and have it fixed? Or can we buy a new one (my car is seriously an old lady. I love her, but she's old and it's probably time)? UGH!!!

Heather, yeah, that's how I feel when DH walks in the door after these weeks of travel :lol: Here's your kid!!! Have fun!!! :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 pm 

alissa103 wrote:
Thank you, ladies!!! I appreciate it.

Yeah, we have gone through some sort of reorg almost every year we've lived here :? Seriously I could scream.

Jenny, I hope it all works out for you as well. The overtime part could be a nice bonus! I hope that happens for you guys. Prayers for you, too :)

AND now there's something wrong with my car :roll: We're just waiting to see what happens job-wise. Do we spend the $$ and have it fixed? Or can we buy a new one (my car is seriously an old lady. I love her, but she's old and it's probably time)? UGH!!!

Heather, yeah, that's how I feel when DH walks in the door after these weeks of travel :lol: Here's your kid!!! Have fun!!! :lol: ;)

Car issues send me over the edge!!! I hate my van, but she'll be paid for in February...

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm 
Design Team Member

I totally understand. I have been a Debbie Downer lately too. When it rains it pours!! Sending hugs your way!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am 

I'm sorry you are struggling Alissa. I hope you get some calming info about your husband's job worries so you can sleep. I understand about single parenting. It sucks.

I struggle with insomnia too. Sometimes it gets really bad. I've had 2 really bad nights in the last 4 days. I've had to get up early both days to do field trips or mission trips or.....

Mostly, I would just like my husband to come home. He's been gone for 16 weeks now. His dad is dealing with stage 4 cancer and he's not doing as well as I had hoped. I am afraid we are going to lose him. He's the only one of Pat's parents who cares. :( My oldest son is not doing well, got himself into legal trouble again (sigh).

I feel like a taxicab driver and I rarely have time for myself these days. All of the responsibilities are falling onto my shoulders and sometimes I feel like I am going to just buckle.

Hang in there Alissa. I remember that through Christ, I can do this job. I have to. My kids are counting on me and so is my husband.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Hugs, Tara :( Prayers for you and your family, and DH's dad :( Hang in there, my friend. Wish we lived closer so we could let off some steam and scrap or something!!!