[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - What is the most exciting thing you've won?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 am 

Have you ever won anything?

I was at a Technology Conference for school this past week--boy do I need to learn a lot about this subject!! At the end of the day I won the door prize....an IPad3!!
I have never won anything like this before. It is such a blessing from God. We have an ancient computer and can't replace it right now. I am so thankful.
:D :D :D

Last edited by Jaynne on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

YAY!!! Congratulations, Jaynne :D You're going to love it!!! DH and I fight over ours (lovingly, of course :lol: ) Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Gosh, I'm trying to think... I never seem to win things like that! But I've won a few great prizes from 2peas before. I was shocked when I won a huge CHA-related prize pack last summer. And funny enough they sent me a bunch of baby boy stuff (this was before we even knew we were pregnant). :D

In 4th or 5th grade I won a pair of shoes at a shoe store for blowing the biggest bubble with my gum :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:24 pm 

Congrats, Jaynne! What a great prize!

I won a bicycle at Operation Pumpkin when I was in 4th grade. A few years ago I won a Cricut Expression, which was a really nice prize. Those are my two big wins!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:29 pm 

Alissa, I may be asking you about the IPad! :wink: I saw a free app for ESPN....I will have to down load that for my husband. I am sure we will lovingly fight over it too!

I love the story of winning the shoes! Who knew blowing bubbles could be so rewarding! Lol

Brenda, great prizes. How appropriate for the age you were at the time!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:27 pm 
Design Team Member

woohoo, FUN! :) That's an awesome prize!

For me....goes back to me at 12. My name was drawn at Safeway (grocery store) for a huge drawing in northern CA for 1 person to throw the first pitch at the A's (baseball) game. I won 20 front row tickets, toured through their clubhouse, sat in dugout and threw out the first pitch with my name announced and on scoreboard. Pretty cool experience for a 12 year old that loved baseball!

My Blog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 am 

The biggest prize I ever won was at a LSS that no longer exists...it was their anniversary bash and if you made a purchase, your name was put in for the drawing. I won it! It was a scrapbook tote with a built in seat on top and it was FULL of all kinds of embellies!!! Some were terribly ugly and I RAK'd them...but some I still have!

Enjoy your new iPad!!!!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 am 

awesome Jayne. Brenda - think you kit the jackpot too. I think the biggest thing I've won is a beautiful lime green soft leather scrappy bag from Heidi Swapp and some Heidi Swapp products. Actually - in there was what looked like Heidi Swapp shiny lip gloss but since it was among all the scrappy supplies I wasn't sure if it was for real and didn't use it forever.

Heather - Anchorage, Alaska - scrapping since approx 2002

My Blog - http://scrappininak.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:55 am 

Danielle-- That's awesome!! How cool is that? :D

Jenny and Heather-- Great scrappy prizes!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Wow, such fun prizes!!! Maybe we are luckier than we think :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm 
Smiley Queen

Last year I bought a few raffle tickets at a church festival and won the $5,000 grand prize!!!! I couldn't believe it when I got the phone call! I had my little nephew pick out the tickets I purchased for grand prize having a feeling he would be lucky. I thank God above because he knew we really needed it! :D You know I had to send my nephew a thank you card with a little something in it after that... :wink: :D

Scrappin' Every Moment