[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Introduction!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:13 am 
Design Team Member

I've been gone so long that's really what I feel like my first post back should be! I've missed y'all so much!! Thanks so much for being patient with me. It's been the toughest 2 months my life!!

First...2 months ago I found out that my boss, a mother figure to me. A lady I had worked side by side with for the last nearly 6 years was a lie, a thief and a cheat. She had been stealing from everyone that she could. She stole money from our community, (she was the treasurer for both the young farmer's association and the chamber of commerce) she stole from our agency managers personal checking account...the list goes on and on. The worse part is that over Easter break she told us that she had cancer. She told me that she had uterine cancer, she told the agents that she had pancreatic cancer. (She also told each of us that she hadn't told anyone else about it yet)

That was a real shocker. I couldn't sleep, I cried all the time. lol Work was awful, I was doing my job, plus hers. We had auditors crawling everywhere. It took a good month or better before the new normal started to settle in. Then the week before last...I found out that I got passed over for the promotion. Say what? You could have blown me over with a feather. I felt like I was a shew in. I guess that's what I get for being so confident. They transferred an office manager from a few counties over into our office. She is a wonderful lady and I know she was the best choice for the position, but that still didn't ease the sting any.

I've prayed and I've prayed. That is the one thing I can say that has been good about this past few months...I have prayed more and became so much closer to God. It seems every time I turn around I'm having either a spiritual revelation or praising this or pleading for that. That's been wonderful hearing His voice SO much in my life these months. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had such a close relationship with God to begin with. He has definitely been my crutch. I know without a doubt that he has sent me through this to break me down and open my eyes that he has something else in store for me. So Friday I took a leap of faith and quit my job. I thought I would be giving a two week notice...but nope. I'm done. :shock: In this economy most folks would say I'm just plain stoopid....but my husband and family support me. (Which also confirms to my heart that this is what God wants me to do.) I'm excited and nervous. Pray for me! I hope I find the perfect job...and I really plan to enjoy this time of transition!! Yay me!

I will be here like normal now. I'm so excited. There isn't much now to keep me away!! yay! (Except for maybe a pile of laundry or something. lol ) I can't wait to catch back up!!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject: Re: Introduction!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:28 am 

Oh Karry, my heart goes out to you. You've been missed around here, for sure! Glad you are back. :)

So how did you spend your first monday of not going in to work?

It's really hard after something like that happens. You will now have to be intentional about not allowing suspicion to come to mind with people. You will have to choose to trust, although you've been burned in the past. That's the hardest thing ever!

Praying for much peace for you!!! Praying for an amazing job with incredible co-workers & that you will love both the job and the atmosphere!!!

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 am 

Oh Karry! I don't think I could have stayed in that position after all of that! And you are right, God as the perfect plan for you! Glad you're back!! :D

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:50 am 
Design Team Member

I spent Monday cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! Then Tuesday I had a job interview. (I was offered the job....it's only part time, and the $$ really stinks the first year. But it could be a lot of fun...and just the training alone would be invaluable! I'll be starting tax school in September for H&R Block.)

Then Wednesday and today....I have jury duty. :roll: Fun Fun fun! rofl

The hardest thing about all of this is just saying, "I'm unemployed" Yesterday when I filled out all those jury duty forms I had to include my employer. It was reflex, I put Farm Bureau down! Then after I turned it in it dawned on me...Oh, I don't work there any more! Everyone that was called through to be selected had to stand up and tell where they worked. Thank goodness I never had to stand up like that...but I kept thinking over and over about having to say it out loud that I wasn't working. That just felt so weird. So sad to me!!! lol Today when I have to stand up...I think I am going to say that I am the domestic goddess for the Weaver family. lol JK!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:01 am 
Design Team Coordinator

(((hugs))) I know this has been sooooooo hard. Not that it matters what I think, BUT I think you did the right thing! Now your career is in your hands instead of someone else's :D And congrats on the new job!

You'll look back on this time and see you came out ahead of it all in the end. You have such a good attitude and it will all work out!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:19 am 

Oh what a horrible thing to learn about someone you cared for. I hope everything will be better now! (HUGS)

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/