[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Inquiring Minds...Day 7

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inquiring Minds...Day 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:47 pm 

How did you meet your husband/significant other?

Brad and I went to the same high school but didn't really know each other. We met one night when I was an usher at our local movie theater. He and some friends came in to see the midnight movie on New Years Eve. He was being totally obnoxious and I finally had to hit him with my flashlight. After the movie was over he asked me if I wanted a ride home. That was almost 46 years ago and we are still together!!

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm 

Oh how funny Berta!!!

My husband and I met after my mom talked me into going dancing with her one weekend! I knew the moment I saw him that I'd marry him...didn't even know his name yet!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 pm 

I decided to get married the summer before my Senior Year of high school. To a jerk. Who left me a week before we got married. YAY, at least that is what I think now...then I was devastated. I graduated after my first semester in high school so I could follow him to his first duty assignment in the Navy. When I didn't marry him, my dad told me to either go back to high school (yes I would have been welcomed back but I was too embarrassed to face anyone) or get a job. I chose the job. I began working early March in 1990 at Western Sizzlin'. I started dating my hubby April 4, 1990. We married April 4, 1992. ;) 20 years sounds like a long time...but it sure FLEW BY.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:11 am 

I met my second husband on line, it is a long story, because this was back in the days of AOL chat rooms. So I was talking to this guy on line from Ohio, and he ask me to check out his ad he placed on AOL Find Love or something like that. So I did, and I was divorced at the time, so I just went under PA to see what was in my area, I had no intentions of meeting anyone. I was busy raising 3 kids by myself, but I was bored I guess that evening. So I saw this ad from this guy who lived kind of close, short and sweet. Single man raising son by himself.
So for some dumb reason I emailed him, telling him I was raising my kids by myself
....... and that's the way we all became the Brady bunch.

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Fun question (and stories)!

I met DH in college. We actually had a ton of friends in common, but had never met. Then he and his friend were hired to DJ at a retreat kind of thing that was all girls. So he and his friend were the only guys there :lol: That's where we met! I requested the song "If I had $1,000,000" by the Bare Naked Ladies. Then we found out we had a class together that next week. And we used to stand outside of class and talk before my next one. He eventually asked me out, although he called me "Melissa" :lol: ;) And the rest is history!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:49 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

Chad and I were introduced by my co-worker. Her boyfriend used to work with him. She pushed us to become friends on facebook and we started to get to know each other by chatting there. Our first date was December 1, 2009. He proposed exactly a year and a half later on June 1, 2011 and we were married on April 28, 2012. We've lived happily ever after since!!