[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Inquiring Minds...Day 5

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inquiring Minds...Day 5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 am 

Thanks you all for sharing so far...this is fun!

For some of you the teen years were not so long ago. For others, maybe a few more years. My question today is Do you have any teenage experiences good or bad that really stand out in your mind? Share as many as you like...inquiring minds want to know!

We moved from our beautiful 5-bedroom home in the city to a 2-bedroom home on a dairy ranch the day after my 13th birthday. (don't forget there were 6 kids and 2 adults here) It was heartbreaking to leave all my friends but kind of exciting at the same time. I had just entered Junior High and left a school where there were 700 kids in the 7th grade alone to a attend a country school where there were a total of 8 kids in the 7th and 8th grades combined!!! Major culture shock!!! And dairy life...not so exciting!!! I spent five years helping out on the dairy. Even tho Dad never got that boy he was trying for, he had some pretty strong help out there in the barn. It's a life I wouldn't wish on a goat but it sure taught me about responsibility and how important it is that a family work together.

Our high school was a little bigger. 150 in my graduating class. I loved high school. Even tho the dairy took up a lot of our time and we had to schedule so many activities around that schedule, it wasn't all that bad since a lot of my friends were in the same boat. We definitely weren't the only dairy around. It's hard to imagine what life would have been like had we stayed in the city. I can't picture myself being anything but a 'country girl'.

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:32 pm 

I hated high school, always felt out of place, I loved working at my job at McDonalds at night.

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 pm 

The biggest event that happened during my highschool years was moving out from my mom's (and her awful husband) to live with my dad. Did that the summer after I turned 16. Just packed up my car with as much stuff as my sister and I could get in it that afternoon and left. It was FREEING. My mom's husband was very controlling and verbally abusive. I can't explain the feeling of accomplishment I had that day. It was probably 2 years til I saw my mom and started speaking to her again. She finally saw the light and left him too.

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Jenny, I'm so glad you were able to leave! And that your mom did too, finally.

I had pretty good teenage years. The only thing that really stands out to me was a heartbreaking end to a very good friendship (or at least I thought it was). Long story short, I found out she wasn't that great of a friend and was making up things about me and spreading rumors behind my back. I couldn't believe the things she was making up... they were so utterly ridiculous.

I had no clue any of this was happening until a guy I went to grade school with asked me about one of the crazy rumors. He thought it was false, but wanted to ask me. I'm so, so glad he did. That led me to do some additional research. Thankfully not many people believed what was coming out of her mouth!

I quickly ended that friendship, but it was heartbreaking to do so. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

Berta, I've always been a country girl and am so looking forward to the day that I get to move back to my real home. I married a "city boy" earlier this year and it only took one trip to the country to convince him that it's the place to be. Now he wants to move home too!