[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Inquiring Minds...Day 2

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inquiring Minds...Day 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am 

Thanks for sharing ladies. Wow, it's a small world, Danielle!

Here's todays question. How many siblings do you have, where do you fit into the scheme of things? Were you close as kids? What is you relationship like now?

I was the 2nd of 6 girls. I'm pretty sure I suffered from 'middle child syndrome'...LOL! My sisters and I had the normal issues as kids, fighting over clothes, who's turn it was to do dishes, that's not my mess, and I SAW HIM FIRST!!! But when it came to loving and protecting each other we were there. My baby sister is almost nine years younger than me and she and I became way closer after we both were married and had kids. 4 of my sisters still live fairly close here in California. However my elder sister who lives in Florida is the one I talk to the most. At least a couple times a month. I think it's because the rest of us do live close we just take that for granted. I remember plenty of times saying 'I wish I was an only child' but I must have liked being a part of a large family as when I got married I wanted lots of kids myself.

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:47 am 

OH wow....LOL.

I am my mother's oldest child. I am my bio father's second oldest child. I am my step father's (he adopted me as a teenager) 4th child.

So....

Step-Monsters (er, sisters...I meant SISTERS) Linda and Janet. Nope not close. They are about 18 years older than I am. No relationship and I'd like it to stay that way. They were awful to me when I was a kid, horrendous to me as an adult. No thanks.

Half-sister is 2 years older than I am. We didn't grow up together. Her mom was smarter than mine and left our bio father when she was 6 months old. She kept her hidden, literally, until she was 16 years old. We began a relationship at that time and have grown close although our busy lives of homeschooling and being moms/wives etc keep us from spending much time together. I saw her for the first time since 2007 this past May for 24 hours. You take what you can get.

Brother, younger than I am by 4 years...close as kids, we've grown apart as adults mostly because our parents have manipulated relationships and really, I don't want to get into THAT. ;)

Half-sister...younger than I am by 9 years. Close growing up. When I moved out of the house she was only 9. I spent several years not spending time with her living my own life with college, babies, husband, work. We aren't as close as either of us would like now but my hubby being military has me away from our hometown so we take what time we can get.

LOL..again, sorry you asked??? LOL I have a bad family situation. Truly. It's stressful and hard and well, lonely at times because I have no one other than my hubby and kids. And friends. I have LOTS of those.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 pm 
Design Team Member

My sister is 4 years younger, my brother is 12 years younger. Growing up my sister and I were not very close, and I was more like a little mommy to my brother. As adults, we don't like near one another. We are not super close, but enjoy seeing one another when we can.

My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:03 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

I'm the oldest of two. I have a brother and we are 2 1/2 yrs apart. We're close. I really enjoy his company, he married a great girl whom I love and my DH loves them both, too. It helps that DH and I started dating when I was 19, so he has known my brother for as long as we've been together. I'm very blessed in that way. I just wish we weren't half way across the country from each other :(

I also have a cousin who is 6 mo. younger than me that I am pretty close to. We don't see each other often, but always at Christmas. We can just pick up where we left off. He's a good guy. I wish he'd find the right girl and get married because I just know I'd love his wife! :lol:

DH is an only child, so that is sometimes a blessing because it makes visiting easier, but also sometimes stinks for him because a lot of family stuff falls on his shoulders as the only.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 pm 

I'm the oldest of 3...well 5 if you count my step-sis and bro (but we never had to live together since our parents married after we had moved out!) My true biological sister is 2 1/2 years younger than me. We're close, but not as close as we were since she suddenly divorced the great guy she had married and then remarried someone I do not trust. My half-sister (by my mom and the idiot she married) and I don't speak. I was 13 when she was born. When my mom finally left her father, she couldn't afford a lawyer to draw up custody papers...she was being nice and letting him have Stephanie every other weekend. One weekend, he didn't bring her back and my mom couldn't do anything about it. Stephanie was 6 then. We arranged to see her at her High School graduation and she actually lived with my mom for about 6 months. But it didn't take that long to figure out she was just like her dad. I get along great with my Step-sis and Bro!! They both have kids that are in the same age range of my boys...so the boys love to go play. I probably see them more than my real sister!

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 pm 

I have 3 brothers and one sister, we all live in the same county. I am close to my sister, but my brothers not as much. My mom lives 2 blocks from me in the house I lived in as a teen. Except for the time when my x husband was in the military, I always lived here. The only other one to ever move away was my middle brother, he lived in San Diego for a few years. I always wanted to lie down south, but my kids and grand kids all live nearby. I would be crushed not being able to see them. I am te second oldest, and wisest! lol We are all about two years apart, except the youngest is about 5 years young my sister.
DH has a large family too, so we are both use to having lots of family around us. His family all lives close together too, except for him of course, but they all live about an hoor away, not so bad.

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:07 am 

One brother, who is 4 years younger. I'm a typical type A older sib, but he is definitely an overachiever for a baby of the family. We are both adopted, but not from the same place (not even the same state).

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 am 
Smiley Queen

I love reading every one's stories!!

I am the oldest of us four -- my sister is 21 months younger, my one brother is 21 months younger than her, and my youngest brother is 14 months younger than him -- all within a five year span. We were the normal type of siblings growing up -- fighting, playing, etc. Our childhood was rough to say the least and through it all we pulled out of it pretty normal as we call it. There was a time when I lived with my dad and the rest of them with my mom. When we all finally lived under the same roof with my mom, they would tell you I was the bossy older sibling and they weren't having it...lol

My sister and I became and still are very close along with my younger brother. Our other brother has distanced himself and his family from all of us in these last couple years over ridiculous speculations and assumptions which is rather sad. I've just come to the conclusion that just because some one is your blood family doesn't mean they have to be your friend. I love him dearly, but he and his wife always brought drama to situations.

Scrappin' Every Moment

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

I have one sister who is 2 years and 7 months younger than me. I think we had a typical childhood relationship - we certainly had our share of fusses! We are not very close now despite my desire to have a better relationship with her. :( I keep thinking that she'll grow up and decide that she really would like to have a sister but it hasn't happened yet (and she's 26). *Sigh!* She would much rather have our cousins as friends than me. :(