[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Peaches!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Peaches!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:28 am 
Design Team Member

We went early this morning to a local orchard and picked a bushel and a half of peaches. It has been very hot and dry here this summer, and the peaches were a lot smaller than they were last year, but they taste great! I am going to use mine to make and can some peach salsa and freeze some sliced peaches for cobblers too. Anyone else pick peaches yet this year? What do you like to do with them?

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 am 

I love peaches! I usually make peach jam, cobblers (add some blueberries too). I make pie crusts for several pies, place the sliced peaches in them with sugar, some flour, lemon juice, and pinch of salt. Cover with crust and frreeze. When company comes I've got a fresh pie that goes from freezer to oven. I have a recipe for a peach dessert that is so so simple to make. I'll send the recipe if you want it. Also slice some peaches, add sugar, and serve on top of shortcake biscuits or angel food cake. I used to own my own wonderfully delicious peach tree and had to find all kinds of ways to use them up because they don't last very long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am 
Design Team Member

jallen27 wrote:
I love peaches! I usually make peach jam, cobblers (add some blueberries too). I make pie crusts for several pies, place the sliced peaches in them with sugar, some flour, lemon juice, and pinch of salt. Cover with crust and frreeze. When company comes I've got a fresh pie that goes from freezer to oven. I have a recipe for a peach dessert that is so so simple to make. I'll send the recipe if you want it. Also slice some peaches, add sugar, and serve on top of shortcake biscuits or angel food cake. I used to own my own wonderfully delicious peach tree and had to find all kinds of ways to use them up because they don't last very long.

Yum!! That is a great idea with the frozen pies! I would love the peach dessert recipe too if you don't mind sharing it! Thank you!

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:04 pm 

Peach Flaugnard

2 ripe peaches, skin removed and cut into wedges
4 T butter, melted
4 large eggs
1 C flour
1 C milk
1/2 C sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Butter 9 inch pie pan and lay peach wedges on the bottom. Set aside.
Beat eggs, add sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add melted butter and cream together. Add flour and mix until batter is smooth. When smooth add the milk. Mix well. Pour into pie pan over the peaches. Bake at 375 degrees about 40 minutes. Top should be golden brown and set in the center. If you test with a toothpick it should come out more pudding like. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 10X sugar while still hot. Wait about 15 minutes (if you can) to serve.

We love this dessert because it's so easy to make and is not super sweet like so many dessets are. It also contains natural ingredients.

For the peach pies I make about 4 or 5 at a time. Mix the peachs (about 15 or 20 peaches) with sugar, lemon juice (to prevent browning), pinch of salt. Taste and add more sugar if necessary. You can add flour or corn starch to juice. Not too much. Pour into pie pan over bottom pastry. Dot with about 1 T butter per pie. Add crusts. Freeze. When frozen you can remove pies from pans, wrap, label and store in freezer. I don't always let the pies thaw to bake but do put a cookie sheet underneath to catch the drips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:04 am 

Love peaches. Don't think there's anywhere around here you can pick them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 am 
Design Team Coordinator

YUM!!! Deb, your peach salsa is mmm, mmm, good. We had it over fish about a week ago. SO YUMMY!!!

There's a pick your own peaches orchard near here, too, but I bought the same peaches at our farmer's market because I wasn't sure if we'd have time to go out there. They were so sweet! I also made peach cobbler :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:54 am 

my gramma had a peach tree and a tiny lil crab apple tree in her back yard i miss it so bad. She always had the best home made recipes. My uncle had a pear tree in his yard and we would go up and pick pears in his yard loved all the weekends we would go to my grammas house and the family would spend the day making different canned recipes.
those were the days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am 
Design Team Member

I live in the Peach State...I have a peach orchard practically in my back yard. Every morning when I leave for work I gawk at the line of cars already waiting for the peaches to arrive from the orchard. (I swear our neighbors must be giving those things away or something, by 7:30 am there is at least a dozen cars waiting in line at their little peach stand!) but anyway...all the peaches in the world right here and I haven't had a single one all season. I've had so so many peaches in the past...I guess I'm just rather sick of them. I'm just not a huge peach fan.

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 am 

Forgot to add that grilled peaches are fantastic too! We dust pork chops with chili powder, salt & pepper, and grill them alongside.