[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Home and ACCCKKKKK!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Home and ACCCKKKKK!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:55 pm 

We went on a week's vacation. We went 'home' to see family and friends. We celebrated our 18 year old's birthday. He lives with my mom due to irreconcilable differences with our household rules (LOL). Anyway, it was nice to see him and hug his 6'2" neck!!

Yesterday, we found out we are moving.

IN TWO WEEKS

UH, okay. It's only a move from off-base to on-base housing but TWO WEEKS. faint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:05 pm 

My husband was in the Army for 22 years and I can honestly say I do not miss the moving around even though we didn't move as much as most. Best of luck on your move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:36 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

:shock: Oh, Tara!!! That's quite a quick one. Good luck, my friend! I hope it all goes smoothly. So if we don't see you around much these next two weeks, we know where you are and you're safe, just going crazy, right?! :lol:

Hugs!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:18 am 

Wow, that'll be tough! Wish we lived closer so we could all help you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 am 

Thankfully, they'll send a crew out to pack us out and transport us. We were expecting to get to move soon but NOT this soon!! We were thinking end of August, early September. It's only a local move and it's something we wanted because we don't like our landlord and our lease is up.

And YES, Alissa...if you don't hear much from me, I'm going nuts from being busy. But HEY! I did manage to do the stamping challenge this month. Will post it later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:09 pm 

YIKES! Bless yall and good luck! I don't envy yall at all. That has to be soooo hard. ((((hugs))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 am 

WOW! So will they bring the boxes to pack up your things, or is that something you have to do? We sold a house once and the stipulation was that we had to be out within two weeks :shock: But I worked like a troll and did it...I was still packing as the guys were loading the boxes LOL
Good luck!!! Sounds like it will be much better for ya'll ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:21 pm 

Oh yeah...it will be easier for me. I have to purge things and then make everything Martha Stewart clean. LOL. We will also pack a few things on our own and haul them to the new house, but everything else THEY WILL PACK FOR ME, LOAD UP, and UNLOAD THEM. I can opt for them to unpack the boxes but I never do. They would dump the contents onto the floor. no thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:22 pm 

PS...we'll do this again in 15-18 months. But it won't be a local move. I don't know where and won't know where for about 15-16 months. YUCK. Last time we moved to gErmany two months after getting our military orders. :shock: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 am 

yikes...good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:57 am 
Design Team Member

Wow!! (((hugs))) and good luck!

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:07 am 
Design Team Member

I can't even imagine. Good luck to you!! Thank goodness it's just a local move and the kids aren't in school. That's got to make it at least a little bit easier.

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Quote:
And YES, Alissa...if you don't hear much from me, I'm going nuts from being busy. But HEY! I did manage to do the stamping challenge this month. Will post it later.
I'm proud of you for getting the stamping challenge done! :D Can't wait to see. And yeah, glad you checked in and let us know because I always sort of worry/wonder about people when they go MIA.

With our corporate moves with DH's job, they pack and load/unload us, too. It really does make things a little easier. I never have them unpack either because yeah, it just goes on the floor and it's a HUGE disaster! :roll: The one bad thing is I don't go through things as well when I'm not the one physically packing. So it seems we tend to do yard sales after we've moved since I run across things we don't want when I unpack it all :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 am 

Agreed....when we move each time, I purge as we unpack. It seems that I find all kinds of stuff that we just don't use often. This time it's MY closet that needs purged. You know....the clothes you save because you might actually lose than 10lbs from the last baby? AAAARRRRGGGHHH I even took up running to lose those pounds which I HATE to do...and nope, still the same weight. I cut back calories...and nope still the same weight just HUNGRY all the time. NOT. FAIR. But this is another subject.

My only public schooled child starts school the day we start unpacking. YIKES. The other 3 kids are homeschooled and we aren't starting until later in the month of August. I starting a new curricula this year so need to sit down with it and better acquaint myself. (I don't wanna)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 am 
Design Team Member

Oh my goodness...girl, you have your hands full. You sure have a lot going on. Hopefully everything will go easily!!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006