[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - What's your favorite season?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:17 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Having lived in the south for the last 7-8 years, I can honestly say summer is my LEAST favorite. It's so humid down here living near the Mississippi River that it raises the heat index 10 degrees at least, every day. We average in the 105-106 degree days and it just gets soooo old month after month. Plus with the humidity my curly hair turns into a 'fro as soon as I walk out the door. And my skin turns into a shiny mess. And it doesn't feel very cool at night... plus you don't want to to be out at night anyway... you'll get eaten alive by the mosquitos as big as plates (slight exaggeration ;) )

Ugh.

My favorite seasons here are fall, spring and winter. Yes, I LOVE WINTER HERE! Rare snow. Cold isn't really that cold :D I hated winter growing up, but it's marvelous here. I guess it's a tradeoff for the miserable summers.

What's your favorite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:05 pm 

I like summer because it's warm and from time to time not humid. I love fall because of the colors and the warm temperatures hanging around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:59 am 

I prefer spring and fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 am 

fall or spring I do better its cooler and I can function get out and do stuff it is my most favorite time ever I REALLY love fall the best though (not as many allergies)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:13 am 
Design Team Member

Spring is my absolute favorite. I love all the sunshine and the smell of honeysuckle. It's so refreshing after months of dreary grey winter. Our winters are yucky...too warm for snow but cold enough to be miserable....but the worse part is having so few daylight hours. It's dark when I come into work and it's dark again by the time I get home. :(

I love summer...camping, kayaking, picnics...the kids having no school! Those are all my favorite things. I don't mind the heat so much. It can get miserable...but at least the view from inside the airconditioned house is much prettier than it is in the winter. lol

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 am 

My favorite season is fall, hands down! School starts, football starts, the leaves turn all shades of red....

And to top it off, the holiday season starts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:32 am 

Spring or fall :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:51 am 

I love fall! Not a winter fan at all. I would love summer if I could be guaranteed sunny and 70's all the time. :lol:

Laura~ New Jersey~ scrapping since 2003

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 pm 

Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer in that order :) What Sherrie said.....football starts YAY! I love the pumpkin patches, baking and burning my Harry Slatkin fall-themed candles yummmmm And winter doesn't really start here until January, so it's still pretty mild at Christmastime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:35 am 

I love Spring especially if it's a REAL spring. Here in the south so often we go from a cold winter directly into Summer and skip Spring altogether.