[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - How do you organize and store your stamps?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:28 am 

Right now I store my clear stamps in binders and my wood mounted stamps are in a sterilite draws. Ok, and the ones that don't fit are sort of scattered around my studio. But one thing I really want to know, is how do you keep track of what you have? Do you create an inventory? And do you arrange them in categories/brand etc?
By the way, I just noticed this forum and I love stamps so I hope we can keep this forum lively. I will post some of my favorite stamp sites etc. soon.

Belinda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 am 

I have a couple different places to keep my stamps.

I have 3 baskets and they are separated by alphas, seasonal, and single stamps ( witha mini basket in that one for tiny stamps). I also keep a few small stamps in my travel caddy in a plastic envelope. I use those quite regularly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:29 am 

I unmounted all my rubber stamps...ALL of my stamps are in CD Jewel Cases in IKEA Kassette boxes. I stamp all the images for that particular CD case on a piece of paper to put in as the cover. I am able to go thru them pretty quickly that way.

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:08 pm 

My stamps are in CD cases also. I have the CD cases in two clear shoe boxes. One box are my "go to" stamps. The other one has stamps I don't use as often... Christmas and other holidays or large images.

Since there are only two boxes, it's easy for me to keep track. If it's not in one box... it's in the other one... :lol:

It's not about talent, it's about Image...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:21 pm 

I organised my stamps according to categories (yup, I have that many) i.e. creatures, flora, people, altered, alphas, words etc. I stamp images on the front, laminate it and then place the stamps on the back and it is put into a clear folder and then filed away on a ring binder. I find it easier to go through them now. I have at least 10 A5 folders that are all neatly categorised. Still have a few more sets of stamps that need to be categorised (those recently bought ones).

There are certain brands that I keep them together as a set i.e BackPorch Memories and Unity.

What I need to do is to unmount my wooden stamps now. Got a few of them and they are currently stored in a cupcake holder.

I luv stamps, they are first thing I look out for if I'm buying stash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 am 

Jenny how do you unmount the wooden stamps? I think I might like to do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:34 pm 

I just keep them in a wire basket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 am 

Hey girls - anybody have a picture of their stamp organization technique? I have lots of clear CD cases. Maybe I need to do this...

My Blog: http://petalstopolkadots.blogspot.com
Ellie's Story: www.caringbridge.org/visit/elliewillaert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:19 pm 

Here's mine:

I've got about 10 such folders in A5 sizes (went for that size as I had space for that size as opposed to A4)

This is the journaling category so all stamps in that range are filed in this folder. The front usually contains the images as well as where the stamps are from.

You can do something similar for CD cases too. For me, CD cases don't work as I've got far too many stamps and would have had to buy cases for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:16 pm 

thanks for the pics Audrey!

My Blog: http://petalstopolkadots.blogspot.com
Ellie's Story: www.caringbridge.org/visit/elliewillaert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 am 

My wood stamps are in a big glass jar on my scrap table and I love it! they are out so I can see them and remember to use them! Here's a photo:

My Hero Arts Clear Design stamps are in their packaging stashed in a basket on my table.... again... out where I can see them.

Then all my other acrylic stamps are organized in photo boxes. here's an old post I have on my blog about how I set it up. I love this system too!!!!

http://mynextthirtyyears.com/sharing-my ... mp-storage

Wow.... I have stamps all over huh??? LOL ♥

http://www.mynextthirtyyears.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 am 

I love everyone's storage displays.
My stamps are just about everywhere. I tend to use them and NOT put them back where they belong so they are all over. I need a better system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 am 

Shanna,

I love the big glass jar with the stamps. It makes me want to run out and get one. I love that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 am 

Thanks everyone. There are some really great ideas here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 am 

I've got my wooden stamps in a gorgeous pink cupcake stand! :D Can't bring myself to peel them off their wooden backing but they do look decorated at the moment.