[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - coloring in stamps...

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: coloring in stamps...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:18 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

When you stamp an image, do you have the urge to color it in or stickle it or something? What do you usually use? Or do you leave just the outline?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 pm 

I usually like to use a little color pencil or stickles....really need to start using my stamps again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 pm 

I normally use watercolor pencils, but sometimes I'll use glitter pens or felt markers if I want a bolder look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 am 

I suddenly discovered pencil colouring coupled with sansodor or gamsol (low order spirit) which allow for easy blending. Best colour pencils for it would be the Prisma colour pencils but they are ever so costly. I'm using water colour ones and I find they work just as well. Having fun with it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:00 am 

I color in with watercolor, colored pencils, markers and stickles...I want to try the Copic markers...but so costly haven't been able to get any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:04 am 

I like to use colored pencils or watercolor pencils. Sometimes I'll stamp the image several times on different paper and paper-piece it together, but that's only when I'm feeling extra industrious!

Come Visit My Blog!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:55 am 

I too use colored pencils and gamsol - makes it easier to blend and get shading without the pencil marks that make it look like my kindergardener colored it in! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 pm 

Loving these tips.. I recently starting buy stampping Stuff and did not know wich way to go about it I orded a bunch from Close to my heart. I had been collecting the clear stamps Just never used them yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 pm 

Funny- I don't do this often, but I just did yesterday. I stamped a bunch of birthday stamps to make cards. I colored them in with my CTMH water brush using the ink from the top of the ink pad cover. Its fun...I feel like a kid again, coloring:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:26 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

It reminds me of coloring, too!!! :lol: :D Kinda fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:43 am 

Watercolor pencils here.

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:15 pm 

I usually use Stickles or watercolor pencils or glitter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:46 am 

i love to colour things in...its sooooo relaxing and can make the same image look sooooooo different...like having 3 stamps for the price of one!

i love to use sakura stardust pens, Twinkling H2O's, water colours, prismacolour pencils...whatever is to hand...even just journalling pens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 am 

Copic Markers. I have quiet a bit now and I so adore them! They are so wonderful for coloring stamp images. And finish it off with Shimmerz paints. So sparkly!

Mieke,
Dt for Nikki Sivils, scrapbooker
http://mickeyspicsandscraps.blogspot.com/ Image [

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:48 am 

The stamps I buy aren't usually the type that need colouring in. I've never really gotten on to it.