*** Items marked with stars are new guidelines beginning with the April 2013 contest.
We love seeing what you all create with these sketches each month and we can't wait to see what you do with this one! Becky Fleck of http://www.pagemaps.com
does these and we love her for it!
We'd like to see your layout include a title, photo(s) and journaling. Layouts will be judged by our design team on creativity and best overall design. The winning layout will earn a spot on our team for the month of October and this Guest Designer will get to work with one of our monthly kits.
There will also be a random drawing from all contest entries for a prize. These will be put into a pot with all of our challenge participants for the month and a drawing will be made for one person to win our GRAND prize*** Rules of our Guest Designer Contest:
1. One (1) layout entry per person.
2. Entry must use the sketch above and include a title, photo(s) and journaling.
3. Your layout must be NEWLY CREATED for this contest and not posted elsewhere during the contest period. After the contest is over, you can post your creation wherever you'd like.
4. Deadline for entries is September 10, midnight Eastern time (New York City time), so we can announce our winner approximately
around September 15.
5. Please post your layout in our gallery in the "October '13 Guest Designer Contest" folder (under "contests & challenges") in order to be eligible. Posting a link or photo of your page to this thread is fine, but your page must also be in our gallery in the proper folder!!!
6. Due to increased international shipping times and our tight due dates, we are no longer able to accept international submissions for our Guest Designer contest, including Canadian entries. Canadian entries have been accepted in the past, but we've noticed kits aren't making it to the designer in time to complete the requirements by our due date. We will continue to monitor the international and Canadian shipping times and reverse this rule if it improves.***
7. You must not have been a Guest Design Team Member at Back Porch Memories in the last six months. If it's been over that time period, feel free to enter again.
If you're chosen as a Guest Designer for Back Porch Memories:
1. You'll be contacted via a BPM private message, and you're required to accept the position within 1 day of notification (preferably ASAP).
2. Your photo and bio will be featured in our newsletter and we will need these within a few days of your acceptance.
3. You'll receive one of the October kits and will be required to complete at least 3 layouts and 1 project (altered piece, card set, etc.) with the kit. These must be uploaded to the October Design Team folder in our gallery by October 10th.
4. One of your layouts must be completed and emailed to us by Sept. 30 so it may be included on our site as a "teaser."
5. You will be assigned to host a monthly challenge on our message board AND use our monthly sketch to complete a layout for our newsletter. The sketch assignment counts as one of your three required layouts. For the challenge, you can use any previously designed project you wish OR use your kit. If you use your kit, this page will also count towards your layout requirement.
6. We love getting to know you and so do our members. You'll participate in the forums by posting a minimum of 5 times a week.
We can't wait to see what you do with this sketch! Good luck!