[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Margy's April "Well Said" Challenge

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:05 pm 
Design Team Member

Happy Spring! There's still a good foot of snow on the ground here in Fairbanks, but at least the pavement is getting dry! I was so confused when I first moved to Interior Alaska. All my life I'd referred to the season between winter and summer as "spring." Well, here it lasts about two weeks, is muddy, and is called "break up" in reference to the ice breaking up on the rivers. The days are long so the tree branches go from bare to full foliage in about ten days. Yay sunlight and instant shade!

Earlier this month I was at my son's school and I saw this posted on the girls' bathroom door. I loved this quote and took a pic with my camera phone:

I was going to use the quote on a page, but ended up giving it a whole shadow box instead:

Image Image

Another favorite quote I used on a layout when I retired my lab Chena from agility due to a chronic neck injury -
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss
I'd share the layout, but it's on my old computer.

So your challenge, should you choose to accept it - incorporate a quote into your project. It can be the title, the journaling, or an embellishment. Let's see whose words inspire you!

And now for the small print:
You have from now until midnight Eastern time on April 30th to complete the challenge. You may complete as many projects using the challenge as you wish. Each project will earn you an entry into our monthly prize drawing. Please upload your layout to our gallery in the appropriate "April '13 Challenges" folder to be eligible for the prize.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 am 

Margy - I love both those quotes and your projects! Great challenge!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:48 pm 

great quote and love that shadow box! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Oh my goodness, that shadow box is BEAUTIFUL! And I love the quote :D Awesome job, Margy!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 pm 

Love this--beautifully done! Great challenge!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm 

LOVE YOUR Shadow Box! Beautiful! And what a great Challenge!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 pm 

I love that quote & your shadow box is beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:58 pm 

This will be a great challenge ...and that shadow box so ROCKS!!! 8) 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:31 am 

Love what you did and the quote you used. I chose a couple of quotes for these 2 pages.

In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the ocean

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm 

Great challenge Margy... Love the shadow box...

~~MICHELLE
http://scrappingprocrastinator.blogspot.com/
[img]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm 
Design Team Member

Great quotes for your lovely layouts, Sherri!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:45 pm 

You have really inspired me! I did another one. I found a whole collection of quotes I had in my stash and decide to try to use some of them.

this one says : We must be refreshed by the sight of inexhaustible vigor. Henry David Thoreau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:28 am 
Design Team Member

Perfect choice, Sherri! Where do you find your quotes?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:05 am 

Thanks. That one came in the pack that had a bunch of pre-printed quotes.
But I also use scrapbook.com
they have a whole section dedicated to scrapbooking quotes. and then there is google, a girl's best friend to find anything!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:06 am 
Design Team Member

What a beautiful project!

My Blog