[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Favorite Mists?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Mists?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 am 
Design Team Member

So do you have a favorite brand of mist? I've always loved Tattered Angels, but when I was feverishly making my member layouts for the kit, I had a nozzle malfunction that almost sent me screaming into the street like a crazy woman! It worked one second, then it didn't. No suction. And no amount of rinsing and pumping fixed it. I wonder if the company sells replacement caps. Hmmmmm.

Post subject: Re: Favorite Mists?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 pm 

I've had too many problems with clogged nozzles and mists that don't spray, so I pretty much avoid any of the glimmer or shimmery mists. I try to stick with Mr. Huey mists; they're a little more opaque, but they don't seem to clog up nearly as much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:45 am 

I have TONS of Tattered Angels mists that have sat around for a while and have problems like you all have mentioned. I Also have alot Maya Road mist, which was my favorite in the past. There are so many different ones out there now that I need to try to find out what I like. I have a couple of Mr. Hueys and so far, its's has been really good. I just bought a Heidi Swapp one the other day. I haven't tried it yet. And lastly, I have a couple of those long skinny ones (don't know the name off hand) and for the most part worked well. For now, I am trying to use up my TA and MR ones (since I have so many and just sitting around clogging up! lol). I usually do not use as a "spray" since they are mostly clogged. I usually open the bottom and tape splatter marks on my layout or I pour it out and use with a brush, sponge or splatter tool.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:46 am 

I have bought these in the past. Is that what you are looking for?

meastman wrote:
So do you have a favorite brand of mist? I've always loved Tattered Angels, but when I was feverishly making my member layouts for the kit, I had a nozzle malfunction that almost sent me screaming into the street like a crazy woman! It worked one second, then it didn't. No suction. And no amount of rinsing and pumping fixed it. I wonder if the company sells replacement caps. Hmmmmm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:35 am 
Design Team Member

That's what I need!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:48 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Ive been enjoying the Mr. Huey ones. They don't seem to clog and I actually like that they aren't glittery!

Definitely get a replacement nozzle like Rochelle posted, Margy! Not worth the frustration! I've had that happen to those, too. DRIVES ME BONKERS :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 am 
Site Admin

Yep, they have to sell the replacements because they get clogged so easily! One tip to help keep them from getting clogged: to mix them up before using DO NOT shake them. Instead, kind of 'shake' them side to side. It takes longer to mix up that way but they do not seem to get clogged.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:06 pm 

I am in love with the Heidi Swapp mist and the gold one is my favorite ...a little gold shine on everything makes things better!!! :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:47 am 

I am in love with Heidi Swapp's Color Shine too. I love the glimmer on vibrant colors.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 am 

I don't have tons of mists but have the same problem with the glimmer mists. So far I've been pretty lucky getting them unclogged but it's a pain. Lately I've purchased quite a few of the Misty Huey mists and like Alyssa am glad that they don't have the glitter in them. I've loved them for quite a few of my projects lately. I do have 2 in the long skinny bottles and can't get anything to come out after I used them the first few times. I need to see if I can unclog them because I like the colors.

Visit my blog: Sallys Challenge Chatter