[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Project life...

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Project life...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:23 am 

anyone doing Project Life? I really wanted to get into it at the beginning of the year but never started. I have "collected" :wink: alot of PL stuff, have tons of photos and even started a little journal on my phone to documents the moments so I dont forget. I just never have time to do a page. :| when i do have time to craft, I am always doing something else! I am hoping to start soon!

Post subject: Re: Project life...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 am 
Design Team Member

I decided to tackle PL this year, and so far I've "kept up." But I'm doing it digitally. I wasn't sure I'd stick with it, so I didn't want to make much of an initial investment. I sprung for the digital templates at JessicaSprague.com and bought a few of Cathy Zielske's journaling elements at designerdigitals.com. Every week I download my pages to a project at Shutterfly to print at the end of the year (and during a photobook sale).

My PL pages aren't particularly attractive - the photos aren't always the best, and they're pretty heavy on the text. Still, it's nice to have a place to put the little day-to-day things that maybe aren't entire-layout-worthy. The happy side effect for the scrapping? More photos to choose from! And I'm not overwhelmed by my need to preserve the memories of our family. There's a place for all the stories, both big and small.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 pm 

I never thought to do it digitally. Good idea!!! :)

meastman wrote:
I decided to tackle PL this year, and so far I've "kept up." But I'm doing it digitally. I wasn't sure I'd stick with it, so I didn't want to make much of an initial investment. I sprung for the digital templates at JessicaSprague.com and bought a few of Cathy Zielske's journaling elements at designerdigitals.com. Every week I download my pages to a project at Shutterfly to print at the end of the year (and during a photobook sale).

My PL pages aren't particularly attractive - the photos aren't always the best, and they're pretty heavy on the text. Still, it's nice to have a place to put the little day-to-day things that maybe aren't entire-layout-worthy. The happy side effect for the scrapping? More photos to choose from! And I'm not overwhelmed by my need to preserve the memories of our family. There's a place for all the stories, both big and small.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:14 pm 

I have started Project life but I am kind of making it my own ...I am not doing a two page LO a week...I am doing like monthly pages to go in my album ...since it is just March I have not gotten very far yet ...but I have bought a lot of stuff ... :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:44 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Well, I have an idea to do it... I just haven't done it. :lol:

I want to put a lot of the random photos of DS in Project Life style page protectors with the journaling cards, etc. Just because like Margy said, a lot of them aren't the greatest of photos or aren't enough of a series of photos to do a traditional page. But I still want to put them in his album and remember why I took the photo in the first place.

I have no intention of doing a day-to-day or weekly page... but I am taking those sort of photos.

And I am just going to use my stash. Goodness knows I have enough of it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 pm 

I have started my first page of PL. Like alot of you ladies, I have no intentions to do day-to-day. However, I have a special "project" that i am doing right now and will be done at the end of August and I felt it would be cool to do something like PL for this occasion. :) Wish me luck! It's so different than creating a page, at least for me!!! :)