[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Tips for taking pics of LOs?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:33 am 

There are many times when the pictures that I take of my LOs are bad. The colors are off and I have trouble getting the LO not to "curl" near the edges when I stand it on edge to take the picture.

I download my pictures into Picassa to edit, so I can play around with the colors there and do the cropping, etc.

What time of day do you think is best for taking pics? How do you "set up" your LO? Camera settings?The last picture I took of a LO is not good. The page background is white. Any tips for that--to make it better? Any advice you give me would be very much appreciated! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:25 pm 
Design Team Member

Hey! I finally bit the bullet and got a scanner. But before that, I'd put my layout on the kitchen counter and turn on every light in the vicinity. I stood on a kitchen chair and took my photo from above. I just used the "no flash" setting to avoid the glare from the flash. Then edited in PSE as need to adjust the color. It's so much easier to take the photos outside in the summer here. Winter is so dark that even "high noon" isn't ideal for outdoor photos.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm 

I never thought of using a scanner. I may have to try that next time. I think that my printer is a scanner too.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 am 
Site Admin

meastman wrote:
Hey! I finally bit the bullet and got a scanner. But before that, I'd put my layout on the kitchen counter and turn on every light in the vicinity. I stood on a kitchen chair and took my photo from above. I just used the "no flash" setting to avoid the glare from the flash. Then edited in PSE as need to adjust the color. It's so much easier to take the photos outside in the summer here. Winter is so dark that even "high noon" isn't ideal for outdoor photos.

'high noon' this time of year? hahahahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:12 am 
Site Admin

Jaynne wrote:
I never thought of using a scanner. I may have to try that next time. I think that my printer is a scanner too.
Thanks!

Jaynne, when you use a scanner you will have to scan the layout twice overlapping the center areas scanned. Then you will use a 'stitching' program (usually included on your scanners' software) to 'stitch' the 2 scans together to make your full 12x12 page - unless you have a 12x12 scanner. It is not hard to do but be sure you have a little time to play with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 am 

Thanks for the info. I wondered how to scan a 12x12 LO on the smaller screen. I will have to see if the scanner I have access to has this "stitch" program. Then I will have to figure out how to use it!
I tried using the copier at school to scan and then email it to myself, but it is a black and white copier only, so that won't work. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm 
Design Team Member

I do the four scans of my 12x12 pages (save as "title 1", "title 2"....), then use the Photomerge function in Photoshop Elements.

Choose New File
Photomerge
Panorama
Reposition

and voila!