[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Friday Foto Mojo!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friday Foto Mojo!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 pm 

Ok ladies....are you all ready for some photography tips, tricks, techniques?
Well, as a new Design Team Member, I have been given the duty (pleasure) of getting your Photo Mojo Stirred up!

I have thought and thought and thought and finally I was hit with an ah~ha! moment. :!: :!:

Each week, I will post a new "mini lesson" for you, and from that lesson, I will issue a challenge.
The lessons will come from professional photographers' blogs, challenge sites, etc...wherever I find something that inspires me to in turn...Inspire YOU!
I may use links, I may use blogs, I may just use photo examples...but I will have something to share with you to get your mojo flowing.
If you choose to play along with the challenge, you will upload your "Homework" to the original thread for all of us to see, admire, and OOOOH and AHHHHH over :mrgreen:
YES I WILL be playing along also!
I will also be giving away occasional RAKS to participants, so play along! You never know when I may get froggy and give something away!

This week: Most of us have one camera with us all the time, the one that is with our phone. While not as good as the fancier versions we like to shoot with, it tends to be popular, unobtrusive, handy, and quick. However, it is way too easy to take snapshots with it and not take time to think it through. SO, since this is our VERY FIRST WEEK I thought I would keep the assignment simple. We will be using our camera on our phone to take an amazing photo!

YOUR HOMEWORK: Take the best shot you can of anything other than a person using only your camera phone and share it with us here on this thread.
1.) Photo must be new as of today 1/25/13
2.) tell us what your photo is and why you chose that subject
3.) You MAY use aps to enhance your photo.
4.) here are a couple of links that you may find helpful or interesting:
http://digital-photography-school.com/1 ... raphy-tips
http://digital-photography-school.com/t ... raphy-tips

Here are a few of my own personal examples:
**Note, these were taken previously, so I will be uploading a fresh new photo taken just for this challenge!
Image.......Image.......Image

Post subject: Re: Friday Foto Mojo!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:13 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Oooh, fun one!

I seem to snap a zillion of DS... I'LL have to work this in to those in the next few days :D LOVE IT!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

Great challenge for us! I will have to start looking for something interesting to shoot, everything is white and frozen here at the moment :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm 
Design Team Member

Great challenge!

I took this photo of a bouquet that a client gave me for taking care of her little dog. It's beautiful, but I don't want to bring it home because my cat will chew it up. Bad kitty. Now the clinic staff can enjoy it.

I saturated the colors a little with PSE, and the Polaroid mask is from Nancy Rowe Janitz.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm 

MARGY THAT IS GORGEOUS!!!
Love your editing work in that!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

thats awesome, Margy!

I tried to get some pics of all DS's toys on the floor but the lighting was bad. It's sunnier today! Will try to get some better ones.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm 

I know how hard those pics can be of little ones, Alissa! LOL
Here is my new pic for this. I used my ap on my I-phone called Camera Awesome. I LOVE that ap!
All edits were done using it.
I am director of our Little Dribblers League and I took this Saturday of my son being a ref...but I focused on the ball :)
there will be a new challenge posted on Friday!!!!!! so hurry up and get these done so you can work on the next assignment! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:01 am 
Design Team Member

Love this, Misty! Very cool shot and edit :D