[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Photo Back Up ???

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Photo Back Up ???
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 am 
Design Team Member

How do you back your photos up?

I usePicasa Web Albums.

I LOVE it! I pay $5 a year for 20 GB of storage...and with a click of a button all my photos are automatically synced every time I open Picasa. (which is also what I use to edit all my photos.)

My husband and I have also downloaded the free iPicasa app for our phones so not only can I see every picture on my computer at home from any other computer...but I can also see them all on my phone too. How convenient is that?

I can also share each folder with anyone I want to by sending them an email. I can send them access to one folder, or access to my whole account.

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:18 pm 

My photos are backed up on my external hard drive, in Snapfish, on disk AND on my computer. LOL.

I have some photos going to Picasa Web Albums from my blog. I haven't thought about putting them all on there too. GREAT idea. Do I need a tutorial or is it easy to figure out? LOL.

I also use Picasa for photo editing. I didn't like PhotoShop very much. I loved Corel Photosuite too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm 

I keep my photos on my laptop, my desktop, and backed up on an external hard drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:03 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

I don't back up my photos. Paying $5 for Picasa to do it for me sounds like a good deal.

Off topic: Those of you who use Picasa, can you tell me how to make a photo collage? For example, I would like to be able to arrange eight photos in two rows and print it at 8x8 so each photo would be 2x4 or put just two photos side by side to print as one 4x6. I've tried making collages but it seems to choose random sizes for the photos and I couldn't figure out how to start with all photos the same size so that I could arrange them correctly. Thanks for any help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:08 pm 
Design Team Member

I've tried Picassa, but it takes time.....

I use an external hard drive that makes it easy. Plug in the hard drive and it's done! :wink:

My Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:42 am 

I use an external hard drive and cd's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:33 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Mine are backed up on an external hard drive. I also have quite a few saved on Walgreens.com since I use their photo printing services pretty much exclusively. If I print elsewhere, I still will upload those files to Walgreens just so they are all in one place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:44 am 
Design Team Member

eliseg wrote:
I don't back up my photos. Paying $5 for Picasa to do it for me sounds like a good deal.

Off topic: Those of you who use Picasa, can you tell me how to make a photo collage? For example, I would like to be able to arrange eight photos in two rows and print it at 8x8 so each photo would be 2x4 or put just two photos side by side to print as one 4x6. I've tried making collages but it seems to choose random sizes for the photos and I couldn't figure out how to start with all photos the same size so that I could arrange them correctly. Thanks for any help!

Elise...I wish I knew! I have tried messing with the photo collage, but I've never had any luck with it either! Sorry.

My Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:36 am 

EHD, CD's, and Shutterfly.

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 am 

I'm not sure if you can get them the exact size, but here's a tutorial from another site that was written by Kerryn Frye.

Go here to check it out

picasa.google.com/

Steps:
1. Decide how many photos you want to include in your collage.
2. Once you have a fair idea of the amount of photos, what shape you would like to create will help with the final photo choice.
A square collage requires either 9, 16, 25 etc photos.
Also remember the more photos you choose, regardless of the shape, the smaller the photos will be in the final project.
3. Using PICASA - Select each photo, click each time on the green flash at the bottom of the screen to hold your photo.
4. Once you have selected your photos, click on the collage icon at the bottom of the screen.

It will take you to a different page.

5. Decide on the type of collage you would like under settings. You can use mosaic, grid photo pile or frame mosaic.
6. You can choose whether you want spacing betweeen the photos or not and if you do, what color you would like it to be.
7. At the bottom of the screen there is a shuffle button, you can keep mixing the placement of the photos around until you are happy.

Once you are happy, click on create collage and it will save it to the collage folder. You can still edit any collage you have created in the folder at a later date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 am 
Design Team Member

Yay Celeste! I can't wait to get home to try that! Thanks so much!

My Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 am 

Right now. I have a copy of all photos on my external. DH has a backup on his computer, on our backup drive, on cds, and on an offsite hard drive.

We looked at Picasa..but now it's so integrated into Google + that we're going to go a different route. But we're looking into tons of different options as DH is giving a pretension on online backup storage solutions at a meeting in a couple of months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:43 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

Thanks Celeste!! I will try it out soon and let you know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:32 pm 

I use discs put in safe i vacuum seal them put a note in with them (they are labeled but I also put a little note in on top saying our name whats on it dates address phone number if found please return. I also have them uploaded at walgreens but i dont trust their server I have photobucket and i have an external hard drive. I back up my photos about once or so a month
I have them on walgreens from wow before bella was born
and can go in and burn disk at any time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:35 am 

NancyJones wrote:
I use discs put in safe i vacuum seal them put a note in with them (they are labeled but I also put a little note in on top saying our name whats on it dates address phone number if found please return. I also have them uploaded at walgreens but i dont trust their server I have photobucket and i have an external hard drive. I back up my photos about once or so a month
I have them on walgreens from wow before bella was born
and can go in and burn disk at any time.

I have older photos (2003-4) on CDs and they can no longer be read. That's why I switched to the EHD.