[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - I have a problem!!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have a problem!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 am 

My daughter dances competitively. It's a good thing she does 4 competitions a year because it took me a little while to finally get my camera settings right. During competitions no flash photography is allowed, so I think I finally got everything right. However, I did notice that some of the photos have a glare on the girls - usually face or skin. How can I compensate for that?

If you know the answer please let me know in a super plain Photography for Dummies kinda way - I'm so horrible at this part. LOL

Love My Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:47 pm 

all I would know is to play with it in photo shop to see if you could manipulate it to look better. Or if you know someone that is a master at it they could switch it around with some other photos.

I know that is a little much but it depends on how good the photos are and what you are wanting to use it for. if it is a stellar shot that you are wanting to enlarge and it is a glare on the face you can switch the face out with a different shot (I KNOW that is extreme but trust me its done every day. I live next door to a prof photographer and I sit there and watch them switch the heads around on photos they take to make the photos better when they need to. Its all good)
I havn't mastered it where it doesn't LOOOK like you switched out the head though hahaha. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:52 pm 

Glare without the flash must be coming from the stage lighting...and I'm guessing that you're gonna have to play around with the angle you are taking the pic from to totally eliminate the glare...that or photoshop! LOL!

Can you show us an example?

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Yeah, I'm thinking stage lights, too. I'd love to see an example also. Maybe we can come up with the cause!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:53 am 

It is the stage lights! Sometimes when she ends up underneath one there is a lot of glare. Unfortunately, since they move around the stage so much, you never know where to sit to get the best pics. I'll see if I can upload some examples.

Love My Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 am 

Here's an example of the glare.

Love My Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:05 pm 

My hubby says a UV filter will help with some of the glare but you need to play with your settings some more to get the right F-stop. Sorry...I can't help you with that part...I just play with the manual setting until I get it to look 'right' and couldn't tell you what to do with it. LOLOLOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:11 am 

Thanks! It's hard to duplicate the action ahead of time because they don't practice on stage. So I have to do it in real time. I think I'll try the filter first.

Love My Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Yeah, looks like a lighting issue. I like Tara's DH's suggestions! The UV filter could be a super easy fix. I'd try that first. Let us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:41 am 

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm definitely going to try the UV filter first. Of course, competitions don't start up again until March, so it'll be a long wait to try it out. LOL

I like the idea of swapping out heads, but I barely know enough about photoshop to clean up some photos and stitch things together. After that, I'm totally lost. I love the idea of swapping the heads out - I can only imagine what mine would look like! Ugggghhhh!

Love My Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Quote:
I love the idea of swapping the heads out - I can only imagine what mine would look like! Ugggghhhh!
LOL! :lol: