[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Photo Fun - May 3

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Photo Fun - May 3
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:29 am 
Design Team Member

This weeks challenge was a toughy. For me anyway!

The subject is "Light".

Creative interpretation can go a long way with with this challenge. Take pictures in low light...play with the effects of the different flash settings on your camera....or try adjusting the shutter speed and see the effects. Use the perfect golden light of a sunset or sunrise. So many fun options with this one.

Here is the article with lots and lots of great tips and ideas:

http://www.digital-photography-school.com/light-weekly-photo-challenge

Here is what I came up with.

I sat on the porch, it felt like forever waiting for the sun to kiss the tops of the trees at the edge of the yard. Then when it was finally low enough...I had just a few minutes to play with the settings and I never got anything I was happy with. :( Our trees are just too thick...once the sun was gone it was just flat gone...I was really hoping the sun would flicker through the leaves. Oh well.

Then after the sun was gone from that spot we moved to another part of the yard still drenched in sunlight...Christine was done with being my model and was more interested in eating honeysuckles...but that was fine. I liked the pictures even better. lol Isn't the golden light just purdy??

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 am 

these are very pretty Karry! Did you use the flash at all here or is it just the natural sunlight? I have no idea when to use the flash so most of our pics are outdoors/daytime. Would really like to change that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:32 am 
Design Team Member

Those are just natural light. No editing...just some cropping. The light was nice! I wish all pictures turned out just right.

I bought a speed light with my camera...and I have NEVER used it. We finally put batteries in it and played a while Saturday night...but none of those pictures where anything to write home about. It was neat to play see the difference between it and the built in flash though. The speedlight was impressive. No harsh glare or red eye. I think I'll use it from now on when I'm shooting inside!!

These are taken with my 50mm f/1.8 - no editing, not even cropping.

The flash was pointed straight at Taylor

The flash was pointed half way up. I like the shine in her hair...but the background is much darker.

This time the flash was pointed straight up. Very subtle light, the background is really dark...but I love how it brings out her freckles!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:59 am 

beautiful pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

I love how they turned out! I agree the freckle pic is just too cute :D Lovely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:35 pm 
Design Team Member

Great tips and photos. I am always looking for inspiration when it comes to taking photos. I have had my camera for three years and still do not know how to use all the settings. I really need to sit down and play around with it for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:38 am 

I love the photo of her outside looking down - amazing light!!

My Blog - http://mypictures2pages.blogspot.com/

Image Image